• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1967,68, and 69 Cougar,
and of course the 71 I am trying to sell!

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/woodsnake4462838/
Looking for misc. parts for my 71 in the greater Denver, Co. Metro area.

I am looking for mostly very small parts, fasteners, etc for the grill area. Perhaps interior parts, and maybe suspension pieces.

I have a grill for my car, but I don't have think I have everything I need to put the car back together.

All my projects 502.jpg

Get a list of items that you need together so those of us here with extra parts can see if we have them.

The car has the standard 71 grill, I think. It is a plain Jane car, 2V 302 from the factory. I guess I will have to go get a better inventory of what is still with the car! I think my plan is to make look like the Mach, as it already has the hood, and holes drilled in the trunk for the spoiler.

While it is true the car is growing on me greatly, I am now in a position to buy my own house, and I need my money back out of the Mustang to help with that purchase.

I will try and get some better info, and then check back with what I need.

There is a guy on Facebook who goes by Ford Mac in Colorado Springs.

I'm sure he has everything I need, but I think he wants a bit much for his stuff. I guess not really, if you are in the business, but I am still in at the hobby level.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can purchase a couple different types of Mach 1 grills new. One is said to be made from the Ford tooling and the other is Taiwan repo. You can get with the sport lamps and the stainless trim that gets pricey. It looks like you have the headlight buckets there are a couple pan shaped parts on each side and then parts that bolt on the radiator support on each side.

I you buy a used grill the get brittle with age so beware. The steel parts get rusty also. Check with Don but you need to find some exploded views of the grill and front end so you know what is missing. You have the two vertical grill supports in the center which is more rare than the single in center.

I have a few of the parts if you can come up with a list.

David

It has 73 bumper arms - not just a easy bolt on item to a 71 frame

Those look like like 73 fenders too

You might want to look under the fender at the numbers

Good point Don. That could save him a lot of hassle in the long run. Otherwise he might be ordering parts he doesn't need or can't use.

Ray

To save money, time, and the heartache of having a pile of unusable parts, you need to verify the vin. 73 front bumper arms are not something that is normally retrofitted to a 71-72. As others have stated, not a simple bolt on. I would pull a fender back at the top and check for a vin stamping on the top of the fender apron. Then compare it to the door label and upper dash vin plate. Is it possible your car had a front clip installed? Was a common practice when a unibody car had heavy front end damage.

If you can't find the parts you need, I'm sure Don (Ohio Mustang Supply) can supply everything you need once you determine which front end is on your car. Good luck with you project!

Well, I had some time last weekend, and went down to work on my stuff. I got my 68 Cougar titled and on the road, and my motorcycle again too!! I looked at the VIN on the mustang, but didn't have tome to move a fender out of the way. The dash says "1971" to me...How hard would it be to put on 71 bumper mounts? I know, plus 71 fenders...

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

The bumper brackets are definitely 73. On the fenders the difference can be determined by drawing a horizontal line forward of the fender marker lights. A 73 fenders have a taller brow molding and stop about level with the top of the marker light. On the 71-72 the brow trim stops about a inch and a quarter higher. From your pictures, I believe the fenders are correct. The valance appears to have turnsignal mounts in them, also correct for 71-72. The hood latch is correct. I believe only the bumper brackets are incorrect. You can probably sell them for 150 if perfect. Your missing parts are available. I have all from a recently parted 71. PM me if interested.

Back