351 HO & 429 production

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
1972 351HO 19 hardtop 13 conv 366 sportsroof

1971 429 CJ 86 hardtop 42 conv 1687 sportsroof

1971 351 CJ Q 32 hardtop 5 conv 108 sportsroof

Interesting that the Q engine is much rarer than the M.

You are lucky if you have any of the HT's or convertibles

In retrospect I saw an orange 429 coupe for sale a couple of years ago at the annual Father's Day show on Main Street in Warrenton, VA. It seems like he was only asking around $5k for it. Probably would have been a great buy.

1972 351HO 19 hardtop 13 conv 366 sportsroof

1971 429 CJ 86 hardtop 42 conv 1687 sportsroof

1971 351 CJ Q 32 hardtop 5 conv 108 sportsroof

Interesting that the Q engine is much rarer than the M.

You are lucky if you have any of the HT's or convertibles
For 71, the Q-code wasn't introduced until May, so production would be notably much lower.

Had a chance to get a 72 HO 'vert about ten years ago. Unfortunately, the planets didn't align before the car sold....

Just curious as to what the current market value to a 72 HO is worth. I think I have to part with mine for medical expenses and have had it in storage for last 7 years. I paid 18K for it back then and have not touched it. Have they gone up in value or is it about the same given all the ups and downs in the economy? Just curious as the guy I bought it from would like to buy it back now. I'd like him to have it as I cannot keep it but don't want to be giving it away. any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

I can't remember the last time I've seen an 1972 R-Code. To give anyone an idea of what rare 7173 Mustangs are going for, there's a few 1972's that are on ebay right now and the general public usually make its worth. They say the beginning of a body style is the most highly desirable, but I feel in this case, a 1972 R-Code in prestine condition would sell faster than an R-Code 1971. I'm not a collector and haven't kept up with the market but just my gut feeling on the matter.

Just curious as to what the current market value to a 72 HO is worth. I think I have to part with mine for medical expenses and have had it in storage for last 7 years. I paid 18K for it back then and have not touched it. Have they gone up in value or is it about the same given all the ups and downs in the economy? Just curious as the guy I bought it from would like to buy it back now. I'd like him to have it as I cannot keep it but don't want to be giving it away. any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks
Welcome to the forum. Too bad you have to sell the R code. They are rare, but I am not sure of the current value. Mine is worth a lot to me, but may not be worth much to someone else. They don't sell very often so it is hard to tell till you try. Maybe you should put it in an auction with a reserve on it. I just went to the Indy Mecum auction last night. That is a neat experience. There were 2,000 cars there to sell this week.

OK Curiosity is killing me. Does anyone have the similar production figures for the Q codes for 72 & 73?

Probably should have replied to the 1st post of this thread - but hey I'm still learning!!

Thanks,

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back