Quick fuel HR680 VS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefabg123321

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code vert
Rebuilt my engine with a Quick Fuel 680 VS, fires up every time cold, when driving and engine is hot, say I stop for gas, always take about 5to 7 seconds of turning over at least to start. Never worked on this carb, it has an electric choke, my assumption is the choke is maybe staying on when engine is hot? Not really sure. Anyone have experience on these Quick Fuels?

Rebuilt my engine with a Quick Fuel 680 VS, fires up every time cold, when driving and engine is hot, say I stop for gas, always take about 5to 7 seconds of turning over at least to start. Never worked on this carb, it has an electric choke, my assumption is the choke is maybe staying on when engine is hot? Not really sure. Anyone have experience on these Quick Fuels?
Could be choke , I adjust mine to open as quick as possible for warm weather driving. Check your fuel float levels, too high or low could cause this, I have 3 QF carbs and on each car act different.

If you check and confirm the choke is operating properly my guess is that you are experiencing some fuel vaporization/boiling from heat soak. Are you running any type of insulating spacer under the carb?. Does your intake manifold have an exhaust heat cross over?

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course.

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course.

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.
I wouldn't take Mustang advice from a guy named Chevy!:p

Back