7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green 73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 convertible
Dark Green metallic
White int.
white top
429 engine
C6 trans
Ford 9in axle w/disc brakes
NASA hood
Hi I'm Derrick,

I'm restoring a 1973 Mustang convertible that I have owed since Oct 1987, dark metallic Green.

I'm adding the NASA hood w/twist locks and the ram air plenum and a 429 engine with C6 trans, a Ford 9 in axle with disc brakes. Also adding full factory gauges and console, keeping the Deluxe white int. I'm adding front and rear spoilers, with the factory silver stripes for 71-72 Mustangs ( I don't like the stripes for 73) and the Mach I grill and tail light panel.

Hi I'm Derrick,

I'm restoring a 1973 Mustang convertible that I have owed since Oct 1987, dark metallic Green.

I'm adding the NASA hood w/twist locks and the ram air plenum and a 429 engine with C6 trans, a Ford 9 in axle with disc brakes. Also adding full factory gauges and console, keeping the Deluxe white int. I'm adding front and rear spoilers, with the factory silver stripes for 71-72 Mustangs ( I don't like the stripes for 73) and the Mach I grill and tail light panel.
Welcome to the forum. I have several 73. The stripes without the Mach 1 were also an option in 73. If you look at the showroom brochure you can find a picture. It would show up on window sticker as an option.

Everyone gets so excited about a Mach 1 when the only thing on a Mach 1 that you could not get on a coupe, convertible or fastback was the Mach 1 tape stripe, the plastic insert in the front carpet and the Mach 1 sports interior option. The Mach 1 had nothing to do with performance just looks.

David

Howdy from Phoenix and from another 73 drop top owner. I like the sound of your build. I have owned mine for about 31 years and have also done a few modifications. Let's see some pics.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

You seem to have quite an exact idea what your car's supposed to look like. I like that!

Welcome from Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:
Back