Can these door panels be fixed?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't have anything that price is pretty good for the trim, door pulls, speaker grills and hopefully the upper stainless piece with the felts, if it is all good and there. I see the door handle plastic pockets are missing. Repair is not really an option. You can see any patch you apply for sure. White is very difficult to find original in good shape. The white panels are indeed white so dying another set is possible. I sold my last set of near perfect black panels to someone in Utah for $550 and he was happy. They had all the trim, pulls and the speaker grills. Bob Perkins has a NOS Black one for I think $2,500, lol.

Do lots of searching your best place to look is the North East where the sun did not shine. California and desert are the worst place to look for good interior parts. I shipped the two I sold by U.S.P.S. so not a big cost seems like around $40.00. Search for crashed totaled classics. I got a very nice 72 with complete Factory interior for $1,500 that had been crashed. Search Search Search.

I doubt I make it to Charlotte with my car just got the wire harness last week and lots to do around home with spring coming early. Still might meet up at the track.

David

I have a set of trim panels that is everything but one door pull handle. Would let go for far less than their asking for that. If you decide to get re-pop panels and need the stuff. Been looking to get it out of the shop.

Hi there,

the armrests are shot on those, and repairing that area is just about impossible if you're chasing a top looking finished job.(expensive too)

Yes, they can be refinished in white if desired. My advice though, would be to buy white repro ones, and then go to the extra trouble of fitting them up. Not fun to do, but worth it in the end. That's the way i went. Ask the Forum what they think is the best repro brand to buy as well.

See my thread on this subject.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-austin-vert-s-deluxe-door-panel-nightmare

Greg.:)

Back