Update on 500HP electric 72 - KigerStang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philt

Reaction score
My Car
1972 R code Mach1. Being resto moded.
Well its been over a year and the project is still progressing. Slowly but steady.

The front end is done with the exception of final clear coat, block and another clear coat.

The suspension is done, rack and pinion and first off the assembly line Eaton True track rear end with 4:11 gears.

500HP electric motor and proprietary TAW designed 600 amp, 800 V traction drive.

Here is a picture of the new front end. The car was shortened 7" with modern look bumper.

Does anyone have a source for an electric hood latch? Im using the standard latch set up but want it to be electric.

Having a lot of trouble finding one.

149nlg5.jpg

29ay91u.jpg

pq83c.jpg

KigerStang features LED lights and fogs, all electric drive train. (Brushless traction motor), active suspension (patents pending), Willwood disk brakes all around, Drive by wire Can-bus with touch screen digital dash (not installed yet), auto tinting glass that blackens when ignition is off (patents pending).

360 radar detection for anti-crash, backup and blind spot detection. Keyless entry, on board Wi-Fi. Transmission is a modified 5 speed that can be shifted without a clutch or simply left in 5th gear for cruising from 0- 130 mph.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, Yes Im an EE in the industrial controls field. Im the FL rep for Eaton Corp. Eaton has sponsored some of the components like the dash automation and rear end. My company designed the custom VFD to run the brushless PM AC motor made by Remy.

Ill try and get more shots this weekend. Im slowly putting it together on weekends so not going as fast as I would like.

Thanks for the encouragement guys

Back