SW Florida New Guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carguy4sp

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang
Hey fellow car guys

Rodney from SW Florida and wanted to say hello.

I will be purchasing a 1972 convertible Q code with a 4 speed and I am excited.

The car is low miles with 44k miles.

PO changed color from gold to Red. It is very nice and needs very little to make it more special than it already is, maybe a nice stripe kit and a hood satin black stripe.

It is a 4V Cobra Jet low option car without A/C or disk brakes.

The odd part that I have trouble accepting is a brown(ginger) interior with a red exterior. I will have to get used to it or change the car back to the original color.

Any advise to best direction to go?

I am a leave it original type guy.

I have enjoyed your site while learning more facts about my future classic mustang.

Thanks Everyone

Rodney from Fort Myers:thankyouyellow:[/size][/font]

Welcome from Panama City, FL.

It could be worse: a green interior with a red exterior.

::welcome:: from Germany :)

I would go back original - ginger fits perfect to gold outside (I go the same route)...

But you could order ist as you want back in the days - so a ginger interior with a red outside is theoretically possible ;)

As Midlife mentioned: it could be worse... ;)

Make you decision dependent on the condition of both: if the red paint is bad, go gold. If the interior is bad and the outside paint good, go with black interior, if you like that. Or red, or white, or... :D

Finally it's all a matter of YOUR taste ::thumb::

Welcome from Michigan. +1 on what Tim said. With the Florida sun if you change interiors black may not be the best choice but it does go great with red paint.

John J

Hello from Mississippi. 72 Q code with a 4sp. I'd be excited too!! I know red is supposed to be THE color for a convertible, but I can imagine the clash with the ginger interior. Agree with timachone, if exterior paint is marginal, go back with the Gold Glow. If interior is begging for some of you dollars it's easy enough to change it. It's your car and your $$$$. You'll find we are an easy to get along with group, just don't tell us your going to drop a Chevy engine under the hood! Welcome to your new Mustang home. :)

Welcome from the Peoples Republic of California.

Your gonna really like this site.

Sounds like a rare Mustang! I would personally go back to the orinial gold color. Would love to see some photos. So it is a Q code with 4 wheel drum brakes? That seems like an odd combination.

Greetings and welcome from the Seattle area. My take is that unless you are restoring it to as built, you are free to make it exactly as you want. Good luck, and post some pics when you get a chance.

Scott

Welcome from Massachusetts What ever color your car is it's all good to me I've seen pics of a Lime gold Boss 302 with a red interior and that's right from the factory. Yuck if it wasn't a Boss it would have to go straight to a paint shop for a re-spray.

Hello from Mississippi. 72 Q code with a 4sp. I'd be excited too!! I know red is supposed to be THE color for a convertible, but I can imagine the clash with the ginger interior. Agree with timachone, if exterior paint is marginal, go back with the Gold Glow. If interior is begging for some of you dollars it's easy enough to change it. It's your car and your $$$$. You'll find we are an easy to get along with group, just don't tell us your going to drop a Chevy engine under the hood! Welcome to your new Mustang home. :)
I have to agree with you on that Chevy engine thing that would be grounds for a dishonorable discharge from the forum and it would make me puke. I was at a car show when this guy showed up with a red Cobra kit car with a small block Chevy engine and even that made me ill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back