scuff plates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the stainless plates, labels and screws shipped for 107.95

Item #M3653A-kit

71-73 STAINLESS STEEL SILL PLATE KIT

Stainless will not scuff or mar as quickly as the softer repops. If you can afford them it's the way to go -- this is assuming you are not aiming for factory concours appearance since the stainless are shinier than the original.

Go with what makes you feel good. They will look different.

Did you know that the early 64-66 and maybe more had a accessory plate that was stainless from Ford? It went on to cover some more of the rocker paint I have some NOS sets somewhere. They were cheap in the day.

It is crazy that they charge so much more for stainless, same tooling just a little more for material.

David

Go with what makes you feel good. They will look different.

Did you know that the early 64-66 and maybe more had a accessory plate that was stainless from Ford? It went on to cover some more of the rocker paint I have some NOS sets somewhere. They were cheap in the day.

It is crazy that they charge so much more for stainless, same tooling just a little more for material.

David
I was told this was completely new tooling, when I did the test fitting for them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back