73 Mach 1 Sells for $46,900 someone is blind and crazy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
This car has been on eBay forever and it shows to be sold for $46,900, Vanguard in Michigan. I cannot believe how buyers just buy shine and misinformation. This car should not have brought $20,000 it is not restored and has more things incorrect than correct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-/381556238353?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58d6862811%3Ag%3Agz0AAOSwe7BW0dBQ&item=381556238353&nma=true&si=qN7yVrAZIQx7d8e3PyrNUwO5NQs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It would cost a fortune to put it back right. Nothing under the car is right just sprayed black.

Just a few items that stick out.

Headlight frames not black for standard grill.

Shiny hood black out.

71 - 72 Ram air on Q code 73.

Magnum 500 on 73.

Hole in back seat upholstery.

Underside of car nothing correct.

No hood locks with the black out hood they came as one option.

Air cond. compressor new model.

Inner fenders body color.

Wrong engine color.

Wrong shifter handle.

Wrong door lock buttons.

Spoiler painted shiny.

Paint on everything on end of doors not even painted apart.

Oil and temp gauges did not work going down road.

Trunk was rattle can sprayed, crap.

Stickers on trunk wrong.

Hood latch painted not phosphate.

Hinges painted not phosphate.

Shock mounts painted not phosphate.

Valve covers wrong.

Voltage regulator wrong.

Hoses wrong.

Fender bolts wrong.

Battery hold down wrong.

Did I mention that Gas tank and everything under the car painted.

Tire sticker on passenger door instead of door jam.

How in the world do you sell a jacked up Mach 1 for more that a very good Boss 351 would sell for? Had to be someone that for sure does not know Mustangs and how they should be. Now everyone will think their car is gold since one sold for crazy price.

Just another shiny used car with lots of pictures and misinformation selling for four times it's actual value. Don't you wish you could find that buyer, lol.

Has to be going off shore.

David

Mach1_46,900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David,

I've been tracking Vanguard's selling prices for a couple of years now, and find them to be way up there all 'round. They ask for top money on most of their selling stock. :chin: I guess it's down to the old saying - buyer beware, and do your homework.

Greg.:)

Not to be an ass....but I hope you guys don't actually believe what you see on EBay? Scams everyday to prop up prices, etc...

I have been to there show room. They sell a lot of restored cars. Some of them are done really well. Others are quick flips to make a fast buck. Most of them are restored but not to stock. If you looking for stock cars I would not look there. They to have a lot of nice resto mods. They get a lot of attention because they have a lot of cars in a large show room.

John J

OK, I bought it... then my wife slapped me up the side of the head and I woke up.

I suspect that the Ram Air was added on, since there are no hood locks - and I don't believe Ram Air was an option on the Q Code (I could be wrong). As well, the TuTone is SO wrongly done (not matte finish or even the right shape).

It's not a bad looking car at all, though... but not worth that kind of money.

If you want a good laugh go to their website and look at prices. Narrow your search to Ford Mustang. They advertise one with a shiny undercarriage. HA :)

I suspect that the Ram Air was added on, since there are no hood locks - and I don't believe Ram Air was an option on the Q Code (I could be wrong). As well, the TuTone is SO wrongly done (not matte finish or even the right shape).

Ram Air was not an option for a 73 Q code.

Ram Air was not an option for a 73 Q code.
I kind of figured... but I knew you'd know for sure. ::thumb::

Hi David,

I've been tracking Vanguard's selling prices for a couple of years now, and find them to be way up there all 'round. They ask for top money on most of their selling stock. :chin: I guess it's down to the old saying - buyer beware, and do your homework.

Me too. Even called them on a Boss that was as incorrect as this car with an equally inflated price just to see if they were willing to move on the price. Nope. I'm sure someone bought it.

Hi David,

Agreed. When I was looking for my stang they had one listed for sale for a long time (over one year).

Within their listings they used to advertise a free book about buying classics and one of the sections was if it doesn't sell for a long time then the price is to high.

I did mention this to them....Guess they don't believe what they publish.

Found the video on youtube.

http://vanguard.dealeraccelerate.net/classic-car-buying-secrets

Here's one that smoke and mirrors. The "shelby" comes with 2 sets of sides stripes (gold and black). Guess for the kind of mood that you're in.

http://vanguard.dealeraccelerate.net/vehicles/217/1970-ford-mustang-convertible

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the blue one is back listed again. They must sell drugs to hold that much inventory and pay all those salaries and rent or buy the space. There was a car dealership in Hendersonville where I live that was a front for drug movement. They would transport cars and guess what was riding along.

David

Hey Guys,

Good feedback there. You got me to thinking, and it seems to me that companies operating such as Vanguard, are no doubt cashing in on the World wide phenominun of classic American cars being very, very popular these days.

Many collectors and enthusiasts around the world are scooping up and buying the American classic cars by the truck load. This is a fact. The World Wide Web makes all this a workable reality as well, and many dealers even offer to take care of shipping for World wide customers as well

Companies like Vanguard see this happening, and are cashing in on making a decent profit by finding and presenting these cars for the buying public to get a hold of. Their mantra is - If it's popular, it will sell and sell for good money, the rarer the better. It would be fair to say that the cars they sell are of a good standard and would be checked over i think. Most dealers offer and accept private inspections too which is a plus for the customer. But in many cases these cars are not truely spot on cars, and have several noticeable flaws and imperfections, and are not presented period correct.

Throw in a slick marketing stratergy and presentation package and whammo!, there's the big price tag.

Running their companies would involve big overheads and running costs too, so that would add to the mix of asking top money for their selling stock.

But again, it gets down to customer knowledge and buyers beware. The net helps and leans in the favor of the buying public these days to educate them and make better and wiser buying descisions for themselves.

The one's that don't do the homework and buy blindly, end up being the victims of paying too much money for their dream car.:chin:

Back