The Jeep Thread!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMWeaver47

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Convertible
Title says it all. After getting into a discussion about Jeeps with Mister4x4 in another thread I decided to see who else is a Jeep owner around these parts. Post pics if you have them.

This was last year at the Silver Lake sand dunes. This Jeep got sold a few months back. It was just a beater, nothing special.

I bought this 96 Cherokee 2 door to replace it. Needs some rust repair and the rear spring mounts fixed/replaced but it runs well and was cheap. Plus I think the 2 doors are cool

Before I got into Jeeps I had a TrailBlazer with lift and tires on it. It was my DD

Lets see your Jeeps or other 4wds!

I don't have one but I have been doing a lot of work welding up frames and rusted out body mounts on a few wranglers. I always wanted one. Heres one a painted for a guy a couple years ago and one I did a bunch of frame work to and painted the rear quarters and back gate.

35it11l.jpg

jtlwjq.jpg

52xif5.jpg

2usbody.jpg

r2oyfs.jpg

Oh and a pic of my old Bronco II that used to hang around with a bunch of Jeeps!! :D

2w6dxmf.jpg

76 Cj7 I am doing for a guy out east. Totally rusted out tub. Replacing tub with fiberglass so had to rewire the hole thing. Going with all LED lighting from front to back. 304 w/3pd. Swapped out front drums for disc and did one piece rear axle conversion. Planning to have it done soon so I can start back on my 67 mustang.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

Wheel'n it through a tight spot:

and some more:

The wheel'n shots were before i upgraded the axles. D60 up front, shaved 14 bolt in the rear. Yukon/ARB lockers. It also sports an Atlas 4speed.

Will e. My first car was almost my Dad's 76. Cherokee Chief S in that same color with and Indian like block print decal stripe down the side at the top character line. I really wanted that truck, but Dad got a promotion and sold it. It all ended up good as that turned into me finding the 72. Even had the factory am/fm/CB radio in it. That was cool.

76 jeep chief.png

I've always had a 4x4 since 1990 when I returned from Izmir, Turkey. I also can't just leave 'em alone - gotta have some ground clearance and big tires, after all.

My first truck: 1985 Nissan 720 4x4 right after I bought it in Dec 1990, shortly before I sold it, and having fun:

nissan010291.jpg

nissan010892.jpg

nissanmudmonster1.jpg

My 1978 K5 Blazer (only picture I have, since I only had it 8 months):

78K5small.jpg

The Second '85 Nissan 4x4, but a King Cab (had a ball with it):

Nissan3.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (sold the black Nissan to buy this one in 1999, and recently sold it when I bought my 2012 Ram 2WD):

bigdamram7.jpg

1980 Jeep CJ-7. I actually bought this one after selling the K5 in April 1995, but I still have the Jeep. Here it is the day I bought it, after the lift kit, and after some transformation-type things:

jeepnew1.jpg

After the lift kit and Swampers:

Jeep1.jpg

I decided to paint the hard top, doors, and add the tire tread stripe to hide the mesquite thorn stripes:

carshow.jpg

Swapped out the stock 2.73 narrowtrac axles for widetracs with 4.10s and lockers:

EricJeep2.JPG

I also added some piano hinge and pop-rivets - best $8 I ever spent:

2005carshow1.jpg

And finally, here were are after building a new stinger front bumper, a new spare tire rack, and adding nerf bars and a Warn 8274:

attachment.php

Will e. My first car was almost my Dad's 76. Cherokee Chief S in that same color with and Indian like block print decal stripe down the side at the top character line. I really wanted that truck, but Dad got a promotion and sold it. It all ended up good as that turned into me finding the 72. Even had the factory am/fm/CB radio in it. That was cool.
I love that 72. Mine wasn't originally a 'chief', it was a Lorado but I like the chief badges (so late 70's early 80's). A sharp eye and you will notice the black doesn't go down far enough and the back isn't painted. I am glad I didn't get the stripes since I did some decent trail damage to it and had to get it touched up a bit. The color is actually Chrysler 'true red'.

Here's what it looked like when I bought it:

I have a soft spot for those SJ Cherokees and Wagoneers. J10s and Comanches are pretty sweet too. Everyone has pretty cool rigs. Everything I have owned has been on a shoestring budget. My orange XJ had a "custom" long arm upgrade, welded rear end, and F250 takeoff Rancho shocks/limiting straps. I'm hoping to make the new XJ a decent driver

76 Cj7 I am doing for a guy out east. Totally rusted out tub. Replacing tub with fiberglass so had to rewire the hole thing. Going with all LED lighting from front to back. 304 w/3pd. Swapped out front drums for disc and did one piece rear axle conversion. Planning to have it done soon so I can start back on my 67 mustang.

Talk about climbing abilities, that's the first Jeep I've seen that can traverse ceilings!

I have plenty of experience with TJs. We fixed a 06 Golden Eagle that had been rolled over. Hours spent tweaking everything to make it fit back together. Replaced the roll cage, fixed the tub, replaced the doghouse including the high dollar grille. That thing was damn nice when we were done with it.

Love me a good TJ!

I know its not a jeep
I love the early broncos and owned several. I got all my running gear for my 89 bronco II out of a 76 early bronco. Motor trans, transfer case, rearend, and I was going to convert to a straight axle but never got around to it before trading it for my Mach 1.

Back