Very Pricey Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Sorry if this is a repeat posting, but Legendary Motors (located just outside of Toronto) sends me emails which I sometimes find interesting to observe market values and occasionally different cars.

Today they have an $80K Boss 351. If nothing else, it looks like a nice restoration from the pics. Its also nice to see interest in Boss 351's definitely on the rise. Way out of my league.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1971-ford-mustang-boss-351-1444.aspx?LMC_eMailer=1&utm_source=Email_marketing&utm_campaign=Thursday_March_10_2016&cmp=1&utm_medium=HTMLEmail

Yeah, he started out as the "Shelby Shop" in Halton Hills, Ontario and then built this large show room/restoration business a few miles away. The owner, Peter Klutt today, is more into the higher end (very) cars, racers etc. He also races on various circuits throughout North America. He has carved out a nice little niche for himself.

I did not even consider taking my car there for body and paint restoration as his prices would have been double what I am paying now and even that is too much... One of his former shop staff is at the location I have my car with now and some of the stories are unreal, but that's business for you.

Generally, he does get nice cars in and he charges top $$ for them. He has world wide connections, both buying and selling. Like anything, just because car's are at his shop for sale, doesn't mean they are worth the asking price unless the consumer knows exactly what they are looking for and ensures these are correct for the $$ asked.

It does look to be done in much more restoration detail than most. Even the unpainted circles on front rails where the body jig carried the car down the line. I sure don't ever remember seeing all those paint markings on the transmission when working on these cars new. Might be a little more than original. I saw Big R chalked on the case but not all the other stuff.

David

Back