Is this dent factory original, part II - trunk floor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First photo is not a "factory" dent. Second photo, do you have a fold down rear seat?

Chuck

(i know)that dent is not suppose to be there. the two little brackets are for the trunk access door on fold down rear seat cars.(i think) they are suppose to hold rubber bumpers.

Tim,

Here is picture of my Mach 1 with fold down rear panel. I did not think they welded the brackets in for the rubber pads if you did not have fold down seat.

The two U shaped wire forms you see at the top of the picture attached to the trap door snap into the rubber pads in the center slot. This is my original 73 mach 1 trunk don't see the dent either.

David

100_2223.JPG

Thanks, guys!

You were right - I have a fold down rear seat factory original so it all seems to be allright. Only missing the rubber pieces - does anybody have some pictures of it or had a source to buy it or an idea to build them by myself?

Ok, about the dent it seems to be a part of the history of that car. And is likely to stay there - denting it out would not let it completely disappear. There are other much worse things in the world...

Thanks all for your knowledge ::thumb::

somebody put something real heavy though the OPs fold down rear seat that is what bent the trunk floor.

I had an almost identical dent in size and locations in my 73 Convertible which I was the cause of. Seems like back in the 70's I dropped a spare wheel and tire there that caused the bend. When I took my gas tank out to replace I popped the dent back out. Here is a pic after popping the dent out. I couldn't find a "before" picture.

Back