1972 Sprint project on CL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That car would cost a fortune to try an return it to Sprint configuration!!!!

When you mod a car, each mod takes it farther and farther away from what it WAS. If that is one's intention and the plan is to do it to completion, the end results can be really impressive.

What I hate is when they are NOT completed and then advertised as something they WERE and probably will never be again.

The owner(s) could have done the same thing to a regular hardtop. I don't like that either but at least it wouldn't have ruined (IMHO) the Sprint. Maybe it was too far gone when they got it? Hmmm.

IMHO - it is sad that this car will probably never be a Sprint again.

Ray

Really hate to see this happen to low production Mustangs. If this car is a real Sprint, the owner (mutilator) should be given a good swift kick to his rear. As plentiful as the standard coupe was, he could of destroyed one of those (still not good) and left the Sprint alone. There were under 10,000 of these cars built. Considering the number of vehicles Ford built in 1972, that's only a drop in the bucket. There were three Sprint cars at the shop where I worked in Georgia. A "B" package "Q" code Sportsroof, "A" package 302 coupe, and a 302 Maverick. No Pinto's!! At the time I didn't think anything about it. But now I know how unusual that was for that many to be in one place. Especially the "Q" code Sportsroof. According to the Sprint Registry only 298 of those were built.

As Boss1Ray said, with each mod performed, the car got further and further away from the chance of ever returning to what it was. :(

Back