Water Passage Repair?

So cranked up engine today and coolant leaked everywhere. Thought it was a cracked hose. On further inspection it was the port or passage that comes out of the engine. Is this something that can be repaired? If so how? I appreciate any assistance you guys can provide!

IMG_20160402_154349480_HDR.thumb.jpg.6775b61ca64accb26b573782525a9e93.jpg

IMG_20160402_154422840_HDR.jpg.a1bc89db11e33319133096fa5f49403a.jpg

BTW it leaks at base of the passage before coolant even enters hose!

Brian

JB weld to the rescue;)

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Thanks guys! Think I may try JB Weld first. If it don't work I will try and replace it knowing it is threaded! Awesome help and much appreciated!

Brian

You are correct, mine just a plug in it when I got it back from engine builder. I added the nipple for heater hose,my bad ,now you really need some luck.

Gonna try some JB Weld and hope that works!

It can be cut with a hacksaw blade, cutting from the inside out. Once you carefully weaken one wall, without cutting all the way through, you will be able to "work" in a screwdriver or similar on the outside diameter. As you pry inward it will break up and allow removal.

Call T Meyer, they sell them.

http://www.tmeyerinc.com/

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

It can be cut with a hacksaw blade, cutting from the inside out. Once you carefully weaken one wall, without cutting all the way through, you will be able to "work" in a screwdriver or similar on the outside diameter. As you pry inward it will break up and allow removal.

Call T Meyer, they sell them.

http://www.tmeyerinc.com/

Thanks for the advice EBSTANG!

Yep I had same issue. Its a press fit.

I collapsed it by hammering a screwdriver between the block and fitting until it was loose.

My replacement came from an old heater core I had that I cut off the hose connector.

I put a bit of permatex #2 on it and drove it into the block with a piece of wood.

Job Done been 3 yrs

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Blmeis, as others have stated, that is a press in tube. Ford called it the water by pass tube. Since it is already in bad shape it shouldn't take much to collapse it and remove the rest of it from the block. Those tubes were used in many Ford car and truck applications and should be readily available at any parts house. The Ford part number is C5AZ-8555-A (replaced by "B") which any of them should be able to cross. The Ford tube is 5/8" x 2 1/2" cut to fit. I would go ahead and replace it as it looks like there is not much left to it and your engine looks way to nice to have anything leaking and making a mess! ::thumb::

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Blmeis,

The block can be very easily tapped to 3/8" NPT and a 3/8 standard pipe nipple can be installed.

Check with your pipefitter or plumber buddies for a tap to borrow.

Thanks, Jay