Shell

Newold

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DSCN1076.thumb.JPG.ec41fe47d492f05bac9ccdde951e5319.JPGDSCN0246.thumb.JPG.d6758cae384a5f80c3311ce308643080.JPGDSCN0245.thumb.JPG.498ed6396f009391b5b51c7566110ec4.JPGCould you handle this? Brand new paint on all body panels, including hood, fenders, apron, etc.

WOW Nice find!!!

Bob, I can make another 1/2 car trailer to go along with the Convertible body I got from you last year :D

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Hey 71steed - would you be interested in selling me the wiring boots for the doors? (unless it's a deal-breaker with Newold, that is ;) :D )

I bought a set of these. They fit perfect and look nice.

http://www.carparts.com/details/KEEP_IT_CLEAN/Wire_Cover_Boot/KCLDLOOM.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=CPSbwJbX7M8CFQaUaQodhE8I9Q

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Hey 71steed - would you be interested in selling me the wiring boots for the doors? (unless it's a deal-breaker with Newold, that is ;) :D )

I am not quite ready to start parting the car out yet. The car is a wet dream gone bad. I'm still on the fence about it's future.

Could you handle this? Brand new paint on all body panels, including hood, fenders, apron, etc.

I would LOVE to hear the story on that one! How did a seemingly great car with a cool paint job, folding rear seat, and all rust removed get the nose sliced off. Was someone going for a front end conversion and went a little overboard?

Do Tell so I can learn!

kcmash

I am not quite ready to start parting the car out yet. The car is a wet dream gone bad. I'm still on the fence about it's future.

Fair enough.

If the back half is in such good shape (and it looks like it is), why not swap on a new front clip? Mine was so rusty, I had no choice. I scored a "new" front clip from a local salvage yard (from a '72 sportsroof), removed what I didn't need, made some repairs, coated it with Rust Bullet, checked all the measurements against Ford's chassis diagrams, welded it on, and added Global West subframe connectors for a good measure. I'd never done it before, either - everybody here helped immensely with advice and encouragement.

Just a thought. Check out my FB album below to see what I was working with.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

If the back half is in such good shape (and it looks like it is), why not swap on a new front clip? Mine was so rusty, I had no choice. I scored a "new" front clip from a local salvage yard (from a '72 sportsroof), removed what I didn't need, made some repairs, coated it with Rust Bullet, checked all the measurements against Ford's chassis diagrams, welded it on, and added Global West subframe connectors for a good measure. I'd never done it before, either - everybody here helped immensely with advice and encouragement.

Just a thought. Check out my FB album below to see what I was working with.

Basically, my exact plans. I have a front clip here. I also heard that Dynacorn is making the front clips too. My wife was diagnosed with cancer April 2013, and is now cancer free. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2015. My life hasn't been the same for the last few years, My priorities have taken a turn. I'm looking at all my options. Here's some more info on the car;

DSCN3957.thumb.JPG.41736950b490fb6b073f656d421ce35b.JPG

DSCN3956.thumb.JPG.7b7cac7c18d42b1b429067733aa835f5.JPG

SANY0011.thumb.JPG.0616601c3e5828f0d0eed4627dc6cc65.JPG

Could you handle this? Brand new paint on all body panels, including hood, fenders, apron, etc.

I would LOVE to hear the story on that one! How did a seemingly great car with a cool paint job, folding rear seat, and all rust removed get the nose sliced off. Was someone going for a front end conversion and went a little overboard?

Do Tell so I can learn!

kcmash

I got into some trouble with the police. They came in through a side door that was left open by someone else. Another story in itself. Anyway, they accused me of tampering with the numbers on the car. I could have lost the car and had to hire an attorney to try to get it back (Cha Ching!) or cut the front off and surrender it. I did the math. My choice is obvious.

Sorry for hear that.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

in another post someone found that 79 and up fox body bellows are almost identical, I couldn't find originals so I tried them. Short of taking a micrometer to them you cant tell they aren't stock. And I swear I saw that dynacorn was making an entire body shell now.