351C Oil Pan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2001 Cobra convertible. 1971 Mach 1 351 C 4V 4 speed
Not wanting to put a dented oil pan on a new motor and not wanting to use aftermarket, I found this replacement but it has an extra tray in it. I don't think it will make a difference but does anyone know why this is different? Torino or something?

image.jpeg

That is an early Cobra Jet pan with the double baffle. Nice piece. Not all that valuable but a nice addition to a street car.

The scraper in the back part of the pan was never bent up enough from Ford so if you plan on using it take some measurements and bend it up a bit more.

Among other things it is good for a few HP by peeling off some of the oil that clings to the crank.

- Paul of MO

That is an early Cobra Jet pan with the double baffle. Nice piece. Not all that valuable but a nice addition to a street car.

The scraper in the back part of the pan was never bent up enough from Ford so if you plan on using it take some measurements and bend it up a bit more.

Among other things it is good for a few HP by peeling off some of the oil that clings to the crank.

- Paul of MO
Thanks Paul. Does it actually make contact with the crank? I would think that would be bad.

Does it actually make contact with the crank? I would think that would be bad.
Correct, the crank should never touch the pan.

- Paul of MO

[/

Thanks Paul. Does it actually make contact with the crank? I would think that would be bad.
Touching is bad, close is good.

Paul of Mo

Back