Howdy from a newbie

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidagage

Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible, 351C, C6, in process
Hi All, David here from South FL!. 2 years ago I got a 73 convertible with a 351C C6 and a bunch of rust. I've torn her down and have replaced pretty much everything but the hood. Won't be long and she'll be dressed in new paint. I look forward to chatting with you all and offering up any advice I can.

Here how she looked when I got her.

xf3lw.jpg

and how she looks right this minute

33cx6gz.jpg

DG

Welcome from snow covered Massachusetts. Your car seems to be on the right track keep the forum in the loop and maybe we can be of some help, lots of great info here and lots of great people here.

Light blue?

As I got into the tearing the car down, it was originally gold (look closely at the windshield frame and the back seat rest panel), oddly though the MARTI search of the VIN number states it was light blue. A bit of a mismatch there. I've decided that since she's not going to be a "restoration" but a rebuild that I've chosen a light blue metallic with the blue interior and black top.

DG

Welcome DavidI am also new and I just purchased a 1972 Q code convertible. I live in SW Florida so we may be able to see each other's car one day. Looks like you have a great start.

Rodney from SW Florida

Hi All, David here from South FL!. 2 years ago I got a 73 convertible with a 351C C6 and a bunch of rust. I've torn her down and have replaced pretty much everything but the hood. Won't be long and she'll be dressed in new paint. I look forward to chatting with you all and offering up any advice I can.

Here how she looked when I got her.

xf3lw.jpg

and how she looks right this minute

33cx6gz.jpg

DG

One out of 2 things might have happened, back in the day the car could have gotten a complete respray, or it was a last minute production change.

Either way, the light blue metallic with blue interior will look great!!

Thanks all for the well wishes and support. I'll start a build thread in the build thread section and post up the picture to date.

Rodney, I get over to the Naples area on occasion, and when the car's done will certainly drive it over that way, we'll have to connect sometime.

DG

Back