all new bushings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fonzogt25

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 w/ 1971 351c
Just want to reinforce - DON'T USE POLY.

So many stories of squeaking, and in the struct-rods literal shattering of the rod itself with poly bushings.

I bought rubber and I think it works great. Just wears out faster than we like.

Also - I don't see sway bar frame bushings in that kit. Yours maybe OK because they are encapsulated by a metal piece, but the bushings at the frame are an important component. Also, if you upgrade anything in the front suspension, make sure you have a sway bar of 1 in diam or more. best improvement to handling I have seen for a stock suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to reinforce - DON'T USE POLY.

So many stories of squeaking, and in the struct-rods literal shattering of the rod itself with poly bushings.

I bought rubber and I think it works great. Just wears out faster than we like.

Also - I don't see sway bar frame bushings in that kit. Yours maybe OK because they are encapsulated by a metal piece, but the bushings at the frame are an important component. Also, if you upgrade anything in the front suspension, make sure you have a sway bar of 1 in diam or more. best improvement to handling I have seen for a stock suspension.
your right, i had forgotten about the sway bar bushings. id prefer to not use poly,but i havnt found a kit for all rubber yet. poly seems to be way easier to find than actual rubber

did you buy your bushings as a kit or just as individuals? im pretty sure my bushings all are stock so im sure they are all beyond shot

Back