Spray in bedliners.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys just got done spraying my buddies truck with some UPOL bedliner. This is the 2nd time I have used this stuff and it seems to work really nice. So if your looking for a good DIY bedliner check this stuff out. They make 2 different kinds. One is called a MULTI LINER and one is called RAPTOR. The multi liner is not quite as thick but it does have a little more gloss than the Raptor. The Raptor is tintable to match your truck. We used the multi liner on the bottom of his truck, wheel wells, rockers, door jams, and fender flares. We had to do some sheetmetal work to fix a few holes, a cab corner and rocker repair, and did not want to paint the truck, so we just shot the repaired areas with the multiliner. I think it turned out really nice for the money and is tough as nails. Anyone who lives where they salt the roads in the winter will be interested in this kind of repair!! Here is a link to the ebay page http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=polaris+250+carb&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC1.A0.H0.Xupol.TRS1&_nkw=upol+bedliner&_sacat=0

I would definitely recommend buying 2 kits! They say 1 kit will do an 8 ft bed but I highly doubt it!! His bed was 6.5' and we shot all the other stuff too and used 3 kits total. But its still a lot easier and cheaper then painting all those sections.

The kit comes with the gun. And you don't need a massive air compressor to run it. I shot it @40psi. and you only shoot in short bursts. Just a heads up for anyone looking to get a nice bedliner for a decent price!!

Here are some pics of the project. Sorry I don't have one with the fender flares on, but you get the idea.

2drx7x3.jpg

s2wflz.jpg

dggvol.jpg

wwc113.jpg

2u9i9g3.jpg

2d7iogp.jpg

2r44eia.jpg

2iic2eb.jpg

2chx6yt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. Looks awesome, great job.

That's a killer price on the kit.

We sell the same thing at work for about 40 bucks more.

Was at a meeting with 3M recently, and they just came out with a kit too. Supposed to list under 200 bucks, but will include 6 bottles instead of 4. Will use a 2.0 tip on an HVLP instead of the Schutz type gun. I didn't get a chance to actually see or handle the product though.

Nice job Kevin!

That's a killer price on the kit.

We sell the same thing at work for about 40 bucks more.

Was at a meeting with 3M recently, and they just came out with a kit too. Supposed to list under 200 bucks, but will include 6 bottles instead of 4. Will use a 2.0 tip on an HVLP instead of the Schutz type gun. I didn't get a chance to actually see or handle the product though.

Nice job Kevin!
Thanks. The stuff 3m is selling would have to be a lot thinner even to shoot out of a 2.0 tip! This stuff is THICK! It pretty much comes out of the gun in chunks almost. I would not want to shoot this stuff out of a good gun, its a pain in the butt to clean up. The Schutz gun is nice cause they give you one with each kit. If you don't want to clean it..... just toss it out.

I have been using their U-POL chip guard that uses the same gun too. The chip guard is really nice and doesnt have near the thick texture. You can paint right over it too. I did my buddies sons Taurus over the winter. New rockers, quarters and paint. Turned out really nice. Good enough for a 16 year old kid to drive. All of UPOLs products I have used so far have been really good like Q said! The chip guard is really easy, you just screw gun onto the bottle and shoot. No mixing or nothing. Heres some pics of it.

2h2kwpl.jpg

mryf5s.jpg

25k4xaa.jpg

drcfbm.jpg

3029oyc.jpg

Back