Who has aftermarket consoles?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
I have seen several console designs like this hump hugger. I would much rather spend money on a more functional center console over the factory one. My car is more of a restomod so originality is not a concern. How many of you have a non stock console, how do you like it, who makes it and do you have any pics?

hump hugger console

I have an aftermarket console, I think its a TMI. Anyway, I like the storage compartment, not real crazy about the drink holders. They are too small. I mean a 8oz can or bottle will fit, but you can't use them w/a can or bottle cozy. I always put one on & I will set it on the trans hump between the shifter console and the aftermarket one. It actually works good, then I use the drink holders for other stuff.

As far as mounting them, it came with 4 Velcro strips to hold it down. Wasn't real crazy about that at first, but have gotten used to it. I didn't screw it down cause I thought it would make easier for vacuuming the carpet, & if I wanted to remove it for car shows. I think the only time I did remove it was when I had to do some work under the dash. It was nice to be able to remove though. And most people don't even know it's an aftermarket console.

All in all I am happy with it. There are a few different versions, but they should all be pretty close in comparison. Hope this helps, sorry I couldn't find any pics.

Edit: took a couple pics

View attachment 33198View attachment 33199

Last edited by a moderator:
Back