A-pillar trim moulding for 73 vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blmeis

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351C "Q"
Looking for the interior A-pillar trim molding (driver and passenger sides)for my 73 vert. From my research on 7173Mustangs I'm thinking these aren't reproduced. Does anyone know where I may be able to find them used or is it possible to mod a different year/type of A-pillar that is reproduced. I appreciate any help!

Brian

Looking for the interior A-pillar trim molding (driver and passenger sides)for my 73 vert. From my research on 7173Mustangs I'm thinking these aren't reproduced. Does anyone know where I may be able to find them used or is it possible to mod a different year/type of A-pillar that is reproduced. I appreciate any help!

Brian
Pretty sure I have a nice set

I'll look this afternoon and PM you

Brian
Pretty sure I have a nice set

I'll look this afternoon and PM you
I would really appreciate that!! Thanks!

Brian

CJ Pony list a Scott Drake repo for the 71 -73 fastback. Didn't have time to search for coupe or vert, but if they are making Fastback for $183/set, perhaps they also make the others, or coming soon!!

Thanks all. Now that the engine is back in car and running, I need to focus my attention on the interior.

IMG_20160406_152025628.jpg

I can't vouch for this,

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-71-73-a-pillar-interior-trim-score

RE: 71-73 A Pillar Interior Trim SCORE!

convertible trim is actually the coupe trim with the top cut off.

It will have D1XX - 65XXXXX coupe number on it.

The top fits under the large chrome top latch / sunvisor bracket

The coupe one is longer than the fastback

The mustang coupe and cougar one are the same

Both coupe and fastback have 2 sections on the top that connect to the metal headliner trim.

If you use the vert one you will have about 1 -2 inch gap at the top L & R sides of the trim

Brian
Brian,

I have just recently passed on 4 sets of the trim at swap meets and mustang junk yards. The prices varied from $100 for pair to $200 for a pair. They are all brittle by now so when putting the screws in you need to be careful and not tighten them. If you don't find something in a couple days get in touch and I will send you contact info for the trim.

David

Brian
Brian,

I have just recently passed on 4 sets of the trim at swap meets and mustang junk yards. The prices varied from $100 for pair to $200 for a pair. They are all brittle by now so when putting the screws in you need to be careful and not tighten them. If you don't find something in a couple days get in touch and I will send you contact info for the trim.

David
Thank you David.

Brian

Back