A-pillar trim moulding for 73 vert

Looking for the interior A-pillar trim molding (driver and passenger sides)for my 73 vert. From my research on 7173Mustangs I'm thinking these aren't reproduced. Does anyone know where I may be able to find them used or is it possible to mod a different year/type of A-pillar that is reproduced. I appreciate any help!

Brian

Looking for the interior A-pillar trim molding (driver and passenger sides)for my 73 vert. From my research on 7173Mustangs I'm thinking these aren't reproduced. Does anyone know where I may be able to find them used or is it possible to mod a different year/type of A-pillar that is reproduced. I appreciate any help!

Brian

Pretty sure I have a nice set

I'll look this afternoon and PM you

Brian

Pretty sure I have a nice set

I'll look this afternoon and PM you

I would really appreciate that!! Thanks!

Brian

CJ Pony list a Scott Drake repo for the 71 -73 fastback. Didn't have time to search for coupe or vert, but if they are making Fastback for $183/set, perhaps they also make the others, or coming soon!!

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

As a last resort the plastic interior A pillar is inter-changeable with vert cougars... you may be able to get a used set from West Coast Cougar http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

The convertible A-pillars are not reproduced, Don at OMS is going to be your best bet right now.

do you have the shock tower braces to reinstall?

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I can't vouch for this,

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-71-73-a-pillar-interior-trim-score

RE: 71-73 A Pillar Interior Trim SCORE!

convertible trim is actually the coupe trim with the top cut off.

It will have D1XX - 65XXXXX coupe number on it.

The top fits under the large chrome top latch / sunvisor bracket

The coupe one is longer than the fastback

The mustang coupe and cougar one are the same

Both coupe and fastback have 2 sections on the top that connect to the metal headliner trim.

If you use the vert one you will have about 1 -2 inch gap at the top L & R sides of the trim

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Brian

Brian,

I have just recently passed on 4 sets of the trim at swap meets and mustang junk yards. The prices varied from $100 for pair to $200 for a pair. They are all brittle by now so when putting the screws in you need to be careful and not tighten them. If you don't find something in a couple days get in touch and I will send you contact info for the trim.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Brian

Brian,

I have just recently passed on 4 sets of the trim at swap meets and mustang junk yards. The prices varied from $100 for pair to $200 for a pair. They are all brittle by now so when putting the screws in you need to be careful and not tighten them. If you don't find something in a couple days get in touch and I will send you contact info for the trim.

David

Thank you David.

Brian