Need several mounting clips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Grande, 1972, colour medium green with white vinyl top
Hello,

My Grande is back from the painting shop. The new colour is great, but now I need some mounting clips:

Chrome front window molding

Chrome rear window molding

Chrome molding around the vinyl top (2 different types)

Do you have an idea, where I can buy this clips new or used? I tried really hard but I can´t find suitable ones. (Only version 4 I could find)

Please excuse my poor english, I am German and live close to Munich.

Thank you in advance, Gunther

Clip 1.jpg

Clip 2.jpg

Clip 3.jpg

Clip 4.jpg

Hi David,

Many thanks. I will contact "Don65Stang" (Hope, it is the right Don).

Regards, Gunther

Don65Stang is Don one of the Site Administrators.

OMS Don from Ohio Mustang Supply.

Both are great guys, though. ::thumb::

Ok, so I have to wait for an answer of Don. Hope, he can help. My Grande is ready for the road, the new painting is great and from technical aspects is everything fine. After a long winter it´s time for a ride... ::beer::

Hi Don,

I do not understand your post correctly. To whom you have forwarded my pm? Do you have the needed clips in your shop?

Regards, Gunther

By the way, who is Daniel Carpenter, written above. How can I contact him?

Gunther, Don (Don65Stang) is our site administrator, and Don (OMS-Ohio Mustang Supply) is one of our site members who is also a Mustang parts vender who sells new and used Mustang parts. Daniel Carpenter is a company based in Charlotte, North Carolina who manufactures and sells Ford car and truck parts. I've been to his facility where he manufactures "Original Ford Tooling" and "Officially Licensed" parts and it is an amazing operation. Since there were already so many Mustang parts outlets they made the decision not to retail sell their Mustang parts, but to wholesale only. Don (OMS) has been in the business for a long time, so he knows which reproduction parts are "Junk" and which are good to use. He is also on Carpenter's list of authorized dealers. He will take care of you. Your original pm went to Don65Stang, so he forwarded your pm to Don (Ohio Mustang Supply).

Once again good luck on getting that sharp looking Grande finished. ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your detailed information. Now I understand the difference between Don...Stang and Don...OMS. If I understand it right, Daniel Carpenter cannot be contacted from me, he is wholesaler but his good can be purchased by Don...OMS.

I really hope that OMS can help, because in Germany my Grande is really exotic and specific parts like the clips needed to fix the chrome stripes around the vinyl top I cannot find. In some weeks is a big Mustang-Meeting in Germany with more than 500 cars and I hope that I can join the meeting with my new painted car.

I looked at the Garage from the forum and also at the Gallery. Most of the cars are Sportsroof/Mach1 or Convertibles. So also in the USA Coupes and specially Grandes are rare. I never saw a car with the same combination of internal and external colour. If have the complete history of the car including the ordersheet, so maybe I should ask what happend to order this combination.

Now my wife and me have to go to an invitation. Not for fun, only to compensate my deep frustration with one or two glasses beer or wine...:angel:::thumb::

Regards, Gunther

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your detailed information. Now I understand the difference between Don...Stang and Don...OMS. If I understand it right, Daniel Carpenter cannot be contacted from me, he is wholesaler but his goods can be purchased by Don...OMS.

I really hope that OMS can help, because in Germany my Grande is really exotic and specific parts like the clips needed to fix the chrome stripes around the vinyl top I cannot find. In some weeks is a big Mustang-Meeting in Germany with more than 500 cars and I hope that I can join the meeting with my new painted car.

I looked at the Garage from the forum and also at the Gallery. Most of the cars are Sportsroof/Mach1 or Convertibles. So also in the USA Coupes and specially Grandes are rare. I never saw a car with the same combination of internal and external colour. I have the complete history of the car including the ordersheet, so maybe I should ask what happend to order this combination.

Now my wife and me have to go to an invitation. Not for fun, only to compensate my deep frustration with one or two glasses beer or wine...:angel:::thumb::

Regards, Gunther

Gunther, If it can be done, Don (Ohio Mustang Supply) can handle it. I know of certain Ford trucks that used the plastic retainers and the metal clips were used across the entire Ford product line. But it would be much easier for you to let Don round up what you need and keep things simpler.

Mustang parts are the only parts Carpenter does not sell to the general public. I know your looking for Mustang parts, but since American vehicles seem to be so popular there I'll list some of the car and truck parts you can order online. 32-96 Ford pickup, 32/ Ford, Mercury, 55-66 Thunderbird, 60-79 Falcon, Comet, Fairlane, Torino, Ranchero, Ford tractor and Cushman scooter. If you get a chance visit his web site. www.dennis-carpenter.com

Your right on the large number of sportsroof/Mach1 and convertibles you see. Your color combination is one I've not noticed before, but it sure looks good.

You'll hear "Marti Report" mentioned on a regular basis here. Not sure how complete your car history is, but I would contact them and order a report on your vehicle which is comprised from Ford production statistics. They have three levels of reports available and the site is good about explaining what is included in each. They do have contact info if you need to get in touch with them. http://www.martiauto.com/

Enjoy your beer and wine. Sometimes I've needed to "Compensate" myself with some beer, wine, or Jack and coke!!! :D

Hello Steve,

Tomorrow I will contact Don from OMS. Meanwhile I had a look at dennis-carpenters shop, really good. Maybe I need it for another project in a few years, currently it´s only a dream...:cool:

The Marti-Report I have to order, I know. I will do it soon.

Regards, Gunther

... and many greeting from the German Mustang-Forum from Jürgen and Frank to Don Witt/OMS.::thumb::

Back