• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1-pair BARE Closed chamber 351 2V Aussie Heads

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

351VENOM

Reaction score
My Car
1973 orig H code, special order-paint-Candy Red, power windows, tilt, ram air, loaded, bought from orig owner 63k miles, replaced interior with MACH I+custom back seats, fuel tank, owned for 10 years, sold last year to a friend.
1973 restored conv Q code, p windows, tilt , black w/stripes, MACH I interior+custom back seats, my brothers' car.
I posted these in 2012. Got a couple replies. Missed 1 reply from Michael in Alabama a few months later. Well I'm going to try again. Too heavy to ship. Looking for local pickup.

Bare 351 cleveland 2v closed chamber Aussie heads. No cracks.

$250.

FWIW.... An very respected Engineer/PHD at my chemical plant calculated 107hp. increase with these heads (stock components) vs stock open chambered 2v heads - on a stock "H" engine...... And AUSSIE 2V Heads have a small 61cc wedge chamber that can handle 10.0:1 compression on pump gas . . .

Pick up preferred. Baton Rouge, LA area. Will drive/meet a short distance to deliver.

Thanks

Eric

image.jpeg

Wow thats a huge power increase from a set of cylinder heads, the stock 2v's I had on my old cleveland seemed to pull pretty good with headers and a 4 barrel carb and intake but I am sure there is a good gain in compression with the closed chambers. Good luck with the sale.

Other side of these hard to find heads. They'll need to be hot tanked again since sitting for years on the shelf.

image.jpeg

Other side of these hard to find heads. They'll need to be hot tanked again since sitting for years on the shelf.
From talking with one of our Aussie members these came on the 302 in Australia and are plentiful and cheap there. The intake port size is same as 2-V cleveland but bigger valves and chambers smaller. Is that correct. You would use one of the Edelbrock Performer manifolds with them. Some say they really improve the low end performance with better velocity of the fuel air mixture. Wish someone had dyno testing where they put these and 4-V closed chambers on to test on same engine. Peoples opinions are just that no hard facts.

If I were closer I might give them a try. A guy in N.C. sells them on eBay all the time he must bring in containers of them.

You can put them in molasses tank and they will look like new in a few days for little cost and no dangerous acid or chemicals.

David

I've had heads shipped to me before. Are you willing to ship to NH? Of course I'd pay the s+h fees

I've had heads shipped to me before. Are you willing to ship to NH? Of course I'd pay the s+h fees
Last time I shipped a set of heads it was around $75. I just wrapped them in a few layers of cardboard and duct tape. Shipped them to TheJ. a member on here and they arrived in good condition.

Im looking for a set of 351C 2V Australian heads for a 289 engine project... Do you still have these for sale? Aaron 317-513-8407

I posted these in 2012. Got a couple replies. Missed 1 reply from Michael in Alabama a few months later. Well I'm going to try again. Too heavy to ship. Looking for local pickup.

$250.

FWIW.... An very respected Engineer/PHD at my chemical plant calculated 107hp. increase with these heads (stock components) vs stock open chambered 2v heads - on a stock "H" engine...... And AUSSIE 2V Heads have a small 61cc wedge chamber that can handle 10.0:1 compression on pump gas . . .

Pick up preferred. Baton Rouge, LA area. Will drive/meet a short distance to deliver.

Thanks

Eric

Hello. Do you still have these heads or anyone out there have a set? I am looking for a set for my sons build. 501-762-7992 Thanks

351VENOM said:

$250.

Thanks

Eric

Back