'71 Sportsroof in San Angelo, TX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Guys,

I just met this guy a few weeks ago online via Facebook, through the FB Group: 1971-1973 Mustang Owners - The Big Horse Club. His name is Brian Baxter, and he found the car as an abandoned project in his neighborhood... so he bought it and continued on. His plan is/has been to flip it to fund a '66 GT 2+2 project. He admits he really likes the car, but I doubt he'll wind up keeping it.

Looks like a fairly solid car, although I haven't seen it in person yet. I think he might be a bit steep on the price, but again I'm not interested in buying it myself... just sharing the ad.

I would be happy to check it out if anybody is interested.

https://sanangelo.craigslist.org/cto/5509843852.html

00k0k_6SmXcKWYjKl_600x450.jpg

If the bodywork and paint were done correctly and most of the parts are there, that is probably a good asking price. He does say he is willing to negotiate. Probably be able to shave a couple thousand off when getting down to business.

paint work looks nice, but in the ad he says the cowl needs work.

Depending on how bad it is, could be an entire cowl replacement, pull fenders and windshield to complete.

I agree, price is a bit steep still needing the work listed, but negotiable.

I 'talked' to him pretty extensively (via FB IM), and showed him pics of my cowl. I think I remember him saying the cowl issues were more like 'upper firewall' issues behind the leaking heater core, and won't require pulling the whole cowl apart. I don't have FB here at work, so I can't recall what he said exactly.

Regardless, he's actually working on those issues right now - hence his comment of: "The more I assemble, the less negotiable the price becomes."

Just passing it along. :cool:

Back