Magnum 14" what to look for

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carguy4sp

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang
I am looking to purchase a nice used set or a new set of 14" Maganum wheels. Any ideas of which aftermarket wheels to stay away from and what vendors sell decent wheels?

What size would fit 14x7 front and 14x8 rear ?

Thanks

Rodney from SW Florida

Hi Rodney - may I ask why 14"? as far as I know only 15" Magnums were ever offered on the 71-73. I do have a set of 14x7 original Ford Magnums for sale but they should really go on an older Mustang I think.

Hi Rodney - may I ask why 14"? as far as I know only 15" Magnums were ever offered on the 71-73. I do have a set of 14x7 original Ford Magnums for sale but they should really go on an older Mustang I think.
My car has 14" now they are 1975 sema wheels with the honeycomb design. They are nice wheels but I prefer the Magnum look.

My tires are almost new and I do not want to purchase a new set of tires and wheels. My budget will allow wheel purchase.

My marti report says f70x14" I do have drum brakes all around.

Wheel Vintiques seem to be pretty popular brand. I have a set of those on my 69 convertible restomod. I don't have any issues with them. When I bought them I got a package deal which included center caps and lug nuts.

If you do a search on this forum on Magnum 500, you'll find lots of reading material.

My car has 14" now they are 1975 sema wheels with the honeycomb design. They are nice wheels but I prefer the Magnum look.

My tires are almost new and I do not want to purchase a new set of tires and wheels. My budget will allow wheel purchase.

My marti report says f70x14" I do have drum brakes all around.

So your car did not come with Magnums. Probably came with 14" dog dish caps with trim rings. (Nice look). I always thought the 14 inch Magnums look too small for our cars. I guess when I was out looking - that was an easy way to tell they were not original to the car. The 15 inch Magnums are being reproduced and really look pretty good.

Sometimes you can catch a used set on here or ebay.

Ray

You might consider waiting until wear or age forces you to get new tires, and then go for 15s. Especially if you have any thoughts of converting to disc brakes, 14-inch wheels will limit your choices.

Thanks guys for your opinions and Don I agree with your 15" advise.

I will probably go with specialty wheels 15x8" all around with BFG 235x60 tires.

I like the deep dish that the 8" offers.

Thanks everyone for the great tips

Rodney from SW Florida

Back