It's alive!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenStang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Grande (The FrankenStang)
I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself before I start asking questions. I'm in the Nashville area and have a 1972 Mustang Grande, rescued from a slow rusting death, which I named "FrankenStang" because I brought it back to life. Yes, I am that big of a geek, but most weekends my fingernails are usually black and I often smell like oil, grease, gasoline or some harsh chemical chemical in the garage probably just like everyone else here. This seems like a more laid back forum; glad to have found it.

-Royce

1972 Mustang Grande

V8 351C H code

Automatic FMX

Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

Hey - MY car's name is Frankenstang (no capital letters on the 'stang' part, though). It was The Rustang for the longest, but my wife said we couldn't call it that anymore since I got rid of the rust, and I have parts from '69, '70, '71, '72, '73, '89, and '96, along with the new stuff.

But, it's not like I own the rights to the name or anything, so there's room for another FrankenStang. :D :cool:

In the fine tradition of the site, I may as well be the first to say:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Welcome for 3 hours west in Memphis. We are a pretty laid back group that enjoy talking cars and other family friendly stuff. Keep us informed on your project and any questions you may have. Glad you saved another one.

jzinp5.jpg

Hello from Mississippi. So, your fingernails are black and you smell like old burnt oil, grease and 90 weight gear oil mixed together. You'll fit right in here! Glad you found us and decided to make this your new Mustang home. There is so much knowledge here and people willing to share it, you'll think you've found a direct access to Ford engineers. Welcome aboard!!

Thanks for the welcome. Funny thing is that I've been working on this car for two years. I joined another forum and was really excited but everyone there was so uptight... you'd think I called their mother names because I dared to build a "restomod". I dropped off the site after a short while because I got tired of hearing "You should take it back to original." Honestly, the car was dead and was a rusted, rotting piece of crap. Now, it's a rolling piece of crap, but it's mine! I've loved every minute of it, even the frustrating ones. That last pic is of the custom rat-rod inspired headliner. I completely gutted the interior and redid it all, but wanted the inside the have some personality.

Wow! I didn't even notice the dome light in that picture. I really thought it was just posters and stuff on your wall.

That is so creative!

Welcome from Rhode Island

Thanks for the welcome.

That last pic is of the custom rat-rod inspired headliner. I completely gutted the interior and redid it all, but wanted the inside the have some personality.

Thanks for the welcome. Funny thing is that I've been working on this car for two years. I joined another forum and was really excited but everyone there was so uptight... you'd think I called their mother names because I dared to build a "restomod". I dropped off the site after a short while because I got tired of hearing "You should take it back to original." Honestly, the car was dead and was a rusted, rotting piece of crap. Now, it's a rolling piece of crap, but it's mine! I've loved every minute of it, even the frustrating ones. That last pic is of the custom rat-rod inspired headliner. I completely gutted the interior and redid it all, but wanted the inside the have some personality.

Hello from Belgium and :welcome2:

It's your Mustang and do what you like do with it.

Some changes provide for better or worse things to your Mustang.

I love as original as possible but this is not always possible, but I definitely respect others their ideas.

::thumb::

Welcome from Massachusetts, As long as you enjoy your car and take care of it then do as you like as far as modifications go. I prefer stock or mildly modified but that's just me. Welcome sit down and join in take your shoes off, Well maybe put them back on. please! :atomic:

Back