71 Mach1-Money Pit #2

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had the Marti Report for Money Pit #1 and 2 for over a year now. Figured if Steve73QMach1 could put forth such a time consuming effort to compile production info from them, I could get off my tail and at least post mine.

This once Bright Red (now fading to a nice pink/orange) Mach1 was parked about a couple of years ago. Was a very abused car when I acquired it in 1981. So it was basically a rescue from the pound! Have done a lot of work to keep it running over the years, but had got to the point that it just needed too much done to continue driving it. I still get my Mustang fix when needed from the Pewter (Money Pit #1) and my 85 GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking car Steve! It is one of the early ones for sure - very low number. What are your plans for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking car Steve! It is one of the early ones for sure - very low number. What are your plans for it?
I knew it was a early build car. It has "Not For Title or Registration" and "Made in USA" on the door label, the (now turned to powder) strip between the padded dash and the metal panel it attached to, and a few other things that are different from it's pewter brother. You would know better than anyone, but there may be some cars earlier than mine here. Will be interesting to see if I have one of the earliest or the latest built 71.

I've had many performance and made into performance cars over the years. The problem with that is when you beat on a car like I did and still needed it to get to work. Lot of late night knuckle busting so you could get to work to earn more money to buy more parts to tear up! LOL

Will probably stay factory stock with this one. When acquired it had a 74 Gran Torino "Q" 351 with a junk yard FMX. The "Good Ole Boys" I got it from couldn't remember what they did yesterday, much less what had happened to the original power train. I've been collecting NOS parts for years and have a 71 "M" 351 and a C6 from a 72 "Q" Gran Torino. All I need to decide is what I am going to do with that Vermillion interior! :whistling:

Back