Who has Recaro's or similar?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some aftermarket buckets off Ebay, not sure of make, I think they are a budget make:

http://s773.photobucket.com/user/hollybush/library/Mustang/Interior

To fit them with the sliders they came with, I had to weld new front attachment nuts to the top of the seat riser about 6" behind the existing ones, with reinforcement plates. I had to fabricate triangulated brackets to support the rear of the sliders behind the seat riser from the stock mounting. I also had to weld heavy duty 'tabs' to the sliders to align seats with mounts. All car mods are reversible or hidden under carpet. Sorry no pics of the work, I was in a major rush. Maybe not very useful but illustrates what you may have to do depending on seat dimensions.

I have these Recaro clones. They came off an 86 Mustang SVO. I think they look good. They're hard to find though, but if I came across another nice set I would buy them.

They were made by a very well known company (I forget the name), almost as well known as Recaro. They came with a pump to inflate the side lumbar areas.

Please forgive the poor taste in the steering wheel and tachometer. It was an experiment and its long gone. :D

j5jrir.jpg

1z1ah6d.jpg

nna7wn.jpg

I have these Recaro clones. They came off an 86 Mustang SVO. I think they look good. They're hard to find though, but if I came across another nice set I would buy them.

They were made by a very well known company (I forget the name), almost as well known as Recaro. They came with a pump to inflate the side lumbar areas.

Please forgive the poor taste in the steering wheel and tachometer. It was an experiment and its long gone. :D

j5jrir.jpg

1z1ah6d.jpg

nna7wn.jpg
Did you have to do any mods to get them to mount? They do look nice and look comfortable.

I removed the SVO seat brackets and the OEM brackets were easily modified (drilled new holes in OEM brackets) and mounted onto the seat bottoms. It was easy.

Weren't those FloFit seats (or is that what Saleen used in his cars)? If not, they're probably SVO-specific (kind like Ford Racing stuff these days - I've also seen them referred to a 'Sport Seats' which kind of eludes to in-house Ford manufacturing).

I saw something about CJPP having TMI replacement foam and upholstery for the SVO seats as well. There are some differences in the SVO vs. GT seats from those models.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?132000-Differences-in-sport-seats-over-the-years&highlight=differences%20sport%20seats

Hope that helps.

That's it Eric. FloFit. Much cheaper to buy off a donor car than directly from FloFit. I haven't seen them much around. I wonder if they're still in business.

Whew! That was a complete WAG on my part, since the pics are blocked by the proxy server. :whistling:

Back in 1989, I test drove an '84 SVO, and I loved it - the lumber air pump was just too cool. I was considering trading in my '82 Mustang GL at the time on the SVO, but as a poverty-stricken E-3 in the Air Force, I would've had about $45 left of my paycheck after the car note and insurance were paid. :shootself:

I decided to store my '82 while I went overseas, and was looking at picking up a set of FloFits when I returned... but things changed and I traded the Mustang in on a 4x4 truck. Looking back, I wish I would've just sucked it up and bought the SVO. Oh well.

Those seats look like a updated version of the standard interior seats. Very nice. That is something I'm considering with mine. Ryan

j5jrir.jpg

1z1ah6d.jpg

nna7wn.jpg
Did you have to do any mods to get them to mount? They do look nice and look comfortable.

Weren't those FloFit seats (or is that what Saleen used in his cars)? If not, they're probably SVO-specific (kind like Ford Racing stuff these days - I've also seen them referred to a 'Sport Seats' which kind of eludes to in-house Ford manufacturing).

I saw something about CJPP having TMI replacement foam and upholstery for the SVO seats as well. There are some differences in the SVO vs. GT seats from those models.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?132000-Differences-in-sport-seats-over-the-years&highlight=differences%20sport%20seats

Hope that helps.

I found a NOS set on eBay cheap considering they sell for over $1200 new.

$400 for the pair shipped but the passenger side is grey. No biggie at that price, somebody buy them before they are gone!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112137504578

image.png

Back