Another Mach1 Convertible

ITIS NICE TO SEE THE VERTS BEING RESTORED TO A HIGHER QUALITY AND PUSHING UP THE VALUE MAKES THE OTHERS WORTH MORE IN THE PROCESS

A nice car but, not as rare as the 1973 Boss 351 convertible.;) Chuck

Point taken, I've yet to see one of them.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

Let's see, first it's a 1973 with they claim is a ram air 302. It has 71-72 stripes and Mach1 decals. It has a 71 gas cap and 71-72 Magnum 500 wheels. That's just for starters. We don't get to see the interior or motor I can only assume it's restored to a high state as the rest of the car.

Cars like this make the ones that are mostly original and in good to better shape worth a LOT more!

Looks like they cleared over the decals so to fix the incorrect Mach 1 stickers and related striping (trunk etc) would be costly! Most know the verts and hardtops could have been ordered with the 71/72 style side tape stripes...

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

https://worcester.craigslist.org/ctd/5556557760.html

Here another of those rare Mach1 Verts.

I don't like the photos, and here's why. The day was super cloudy (usually good for photography), but the car reflects too much of the clouds. Some of the photos look like the side panels are ripply, but may be reflections from the ground or surrounding environment. I simply cannot tell. Here's an example:

01717_i0GQMC90Zos_600x450.jpg

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

Let's see, first it's a 1973 with they claim is a ram air 302. It has 71-72 stripes and Mach1 decals. It has a t71 gas cap and 71-72 Magnum 500 wheels. That's just for starters. We don't get to see the interior or motor I can only assume it's restored to a high state as the rest of the car.

They list the website and they have 60 pics. Pretty nice, not perfect but nice.

- Jim

I'd like to see some interior pics. Nice looking car. The color is good too.

There are several interior pics posted here: http://napoliclassics.com/inventory/634630-1973-Ford-Mustang#.VyFpqUeRPd4

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

They actually have a 72 H code vert on their site as well that looks nicer and less money.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

https://worcester.craigslist.org/ctd/5556557760.html

Here another of those rare Mach1 Verts.

I don't like the photos, and here's why. The day was super cloudy (usually good for photography), but the car reflects too much of the clouds. Some of the photos look like the side panels are ripply, but may be reflections from the ground or surrounding environment. I simply cannot tell. Here's an example:

01717_i0GQMC90Zos_600x450.jpg

Looks like a nice day for Connecticut. :D

- Mike

I saw that car as well and I couldn't agree more. You guys who own a 71-73 verts have something special and they really don't need to be modified to make them look any different. They're beautiful looking cars right out of the box. I'm very envious of all of you.

Wow. That is a gorgeous car. Actually, both are. ::thumb::

I'm pretty sure the 'ripple-effect' is simply the picket fences being reflected.

I favor the 'burnt red' one. How cool would that car be with a set of 15x10 Magnums wrapped in 295s on the rear with a slight boost in height, and the current rear wheels swapped to the front. I'd add/swap some other minor things (Rocketman tach, RetroSound stereo, etc.) and remove the Mach 1 decals, but I'd keep the hockey stripes.

The green one's awesome, too... as sleek-looking as it is, it's just too 'vanilla' for me. I'd go with the full Ram Air treatment, 15x10 Magnums/295s/rear lift, etc., and eventually swap the white interior/top for black. So yeah, the green one's probably not for me. ;)

Both of these cars look great underneath, too. Great deals at the right prices, of course. :cool:

Eric

mach1sig2.gif