Air cleaner lid

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justford

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 429 CJ non ram air, 4 speed, air,tilt, and 35k miles. Pewter Gray with vermilion interior.
I have a 71 429 non- ram air mustang. My question is what chrome lid will interchange on the air cleaner? Thanks for any help.

If you can give me the diameter of the lid or base I'll check some references I have. Chuck

I purchased a new repo from one of our favorite mustang vendors as shown. It has decent chrome and looks good, a good alternative to a OEM.

Thanks, Jay
What vendor sells these?

Thanks

If you can give me the diameter of the lid or base I'll check some references I have. Chuck
Diameter of lid is 17and 3/4"

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help.
What I have for info is less than certain but, it shows 71 429CJ as being 17.75 and 72 351CJ/4V as being 17.84. I measured mine (with a tape measure) and it is 17.75. Perhaps someone has more definite information and will chime in.

Chuck

Thanks for any help.
What I have for info is less than certain but, it shows 71 429CJ as being 17.75 and 72 351CJ/4V as being 17.84. I measured mine (with a tape measure) and it is 17.75. Perhaps someone has more definite information and will chime in.

Chuck
Seems like it is for sure 17.75. I believe the 17.84 one would also work. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for any help.

Chuck
Seems like it is for sure 17.75. I believe the 17.84 one would also work. Thanks for the info.
Are the lids being reproduced and if so, can anyone provide the vendors info?

Thanks

Are the lid seal/gasket available? Thinking about having my lid rechromed and will need a new seal if I do. Thanks

Back