Well liner color

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The well liner would be the fabric in between the top, the seat and the trunk, right?

I think they only came in black. Mine originally came with a white top but that thing is black.

I also think that the reflection of a white one would make it impossible to see out the rear window when the top is up. Just a guess though.

[align=center]

Mine is a yellow exterior white top and white interior, 48,000 miles. It had a white liner. I am not original owner so I do not know if original or not. The top had been changed I know had a tag on it. I changed to a black top and so I changed to a black liner. I would think it would more depend on the interior color than top color [/align]but have nothing in writing.

Since we are on that topic, have any of you with BLACK well liner (replaced) tried painting the back side of it, so you dont see it thru trunk at all? Mine is black, but back has some fabric look to it and is off white.. I would like it all black, both sides.

The well liner would be the fabric in between the top, the seat and the trunk, right?

I think they only came in black. Mine originally came with a white top but that thing is black.

I also think that the reflection of a white one would make it impossible to see out the rear window when the top is up. Just a guess though.
NPD sells white ones. Here the link. I am just wondering what is factory correct.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_well_liner_white-141640-329.html

I find it hard to believe Ford would make limited runs of matching interior colors when universal black could be used as the most cost efficient way for well liners. I've never seen anything (for pretty much all years as I recall) but black. I'm pretty sure black is the factory correct color, but it's not a question that has come up very often....

Boot covers are a different story.

Original well liner in my '71 vert. with a white top.

71 convert. top rear window exterior (2).jpg

71 429cj convert. top (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back