Hello Everyone! Here's My Story

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfoot72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Coupe
I have a 1972 Ford Mustang Coupe. I bought this car when I was 15 years old in May of 2012, when I didn't even have my drivers permit. We found it just up the street from where I live. The car was sitting outside under a cover for 5 years. The owner was offering $1,500, so I bought it. Although the Mustang was not running at the time, it only needed a new set of tires, fluids, fuel pump, battery and a rebuilt carburetor. Cosmetically the car just needed a wash and wax. Later on I painted the vinyl roof because it was fading. The car has a sunroof and baby moon rims that were already installed when I bought the car. I am currently a member of Pacific Cascade Mustang Club since February of 2013. The car is great and I love to drive it when the weather is sunny!

Some Specs

-351-2v Cleveland

-FMX Transmission

-Original Ivy Glow Paint w/Green Interior

-Factory A/C and Vinyl Top

-Have owners manual, shop manuals, owners card and documentation

My Name is Zak and i'm from Seattle, WA.

(Instagram: zakn351)

Mustang on Alki.jpg

Hello Zak and welcome from Cali.

What an awesome first car to have!

Bru

Nice car i also bought a mustang when i was only 16 however it needs a lot more work than that.

Welcome from west TN. I have been fortunate enough to keep my first car as well. My 72 Mach 1. 30+ years later it is great to go for a drive a remember the fun of my youth. Mine was $900 and need a lot more work than yours. Hopefully you will decide to keep it as long as you can and relive these days later on.

Brain Car 002.jpg

Try to hold onto it! I also bought my first car, a 73 Mustang Mach 1, when I was just shy of 16 years old. It was taken out in a wreck four years later (drunk driver turned in front of me). But I replaced it with the 73 convertible which I have owned every since (30 plus years). Like BKDunha, there is nothing like hopping in and remembering the old days!

I really like the look of your car too. Great color combo and the wheel covers are awesome!

Hello from Mississippi. Zak, I feel good about the future of our hobby and the "Torch" being carried forward when people your age show an interest in these year Mustang's. Your 72 looks to be in very good shape, and I like the "Old School" look of those baby moons. Glad you found us and decided to make us your new Mustang home.

Back