Seat Runners

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1 351 Auto Ram-Air Blue Glow/Argent
1973 'Q' Code 351 Auto Convertible Red
I've noticed the Drivers Seat Runners in my Convertible have some 'Play', lateral & vertical

Can they be dismantled and 'adjusted' or do I have to replace them?

I notice that Repo Runners are for sale, is this the better way to go?

Has anyone tried the New ones?

Thanks

May seem like a silly question. Have you checked to make sure they are bolted tight to the floor and to the bottom of the seat? Both of my seats had play in them. The passenger side was not bolted tight to the bottom of the seat. The drivers side was a complete mess, has the wrong seat tracks cobbled in and were loose. Got a used set of the correct ones from a member on here and bolted it in tight no more issues on either side.

May seem like a silly question. Have you checked to make sure they are bolted tight to the floor and to the bottom of the seat? Both of my seats had play in them. The passenger side was not bolted tight to the bottom of the seat. The drivers side was a complete mess, has the wrong seat tracks cobbled in and were loose. Got a used set of the correct ones from a member on here and bolted it in tight no more issues on either side.
Hi, that's a good suggestion but I've had the seat out for a trim repair and the play was evident both before & after, with everything checked and tight.

I would pull one of them (the worst one) and remove the track from the seat and see if you can tell where it is loose at. The only thing I can think is that the outer metal part is bent outward. It may be able to be bent back, not sure though. There really isn't any type of bushing or anything that would wear out that I know of.

I've noticed the Drivers Seat Runners in my Convertible have some 'Play', lateral & vertical

Can they be dismantled and 'adjusted' or do I have to replace them?

I notice that Repo Runners are for sale, is this the better way to go?

Has anyone tried the New ones?

Thanks
I have the same exact problem with my drivers seat. I am positive my tracks are bolted tight to the seat and to the floor. I have taken them out many times (probably 6-7 times) over the last year. The last time, about a month ago, (so I could repair my brake light switch) and I specifically put the seat up on the work bench and tried to determine where the "play" is coming from.

Did someone suggest that the outer track, the one which slides over the inner track, could be squeezed tighter to eliminate the "play." I'd imagine this could be attempted in a nice shop vise...? Anyone successfully try this "adjustment"???....inquiring minds want to know!!!

Back