Nevada Department of Engine Vehicles "Title"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
hello to all…., the original title of my 73 is missing. An acquaintance told me, that perhaps I could receive these Original Title or a Copy by the Nevada Department of Engine Vehicles on request. Someone has information concerning this :huh: Whom exactly do I contact on this Department :chin:

Greetings from Germany :thankyouyellow:

Duck

Hi, the Mustang was delivered after his production in Michigan first to a Ford Dealer in Seattle. Afterwards was it to Las Vegas sells. Here was the Mustang for 35 years licensed. Be that in this case would the correct place for a request ? Many Greetings from Heidelberg.

The actual name is Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles. You will be able to get a copy of the title only if it were registered and titled in Nevada. Here's the official website:

http://dmvnv.com/
Hi Don C,

To which place in this office do I have to turn exactly? Would be great if you could tell me that.

Thank you very much.

Greetings Klaus

I would contact the Records Section by mail and tell them what your situation is and what you need and why. The contact information is at the bottom of this link:

http://www.dmvnv.com/records.htm

You can also submit the Application for Individual Record Information (in the same link), but that requires a notarized affidavit.

Hello Don C,

thank you again for your assistance. Property that letter finished and send him in the next days by postmail to Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle.

Times see whether I luck has and experience more over owners in the past.

Best Regarts from Heidelberg

Klaus

I would contact the Records Section by mail and tell them what your situation is and what you need and why. The contact information is at the bottom of this link:

You can also submit the Application for Individual Record Information (in the same link), but that requires a notarized affidavit.
Hi Don

I am looking for previous owners. After emailing the DMV and requesting previous owner names i was told that they could'nt give names because of data protection. So what exactly can i request? The link you posted has a form to fill out. Would i fill that out and send it off in the post with the fee or could the form be printed off, filled out, scanned into computer and be done online?

When i try and find the OFFICIAL DMV website for Phoenix i keep getting dmv.org which according to their website "DMV.org is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

Finding it impossible to find the rite site and "Public records access" page you posted for Nevada

Hi Don

I am looking for previous owners. After emailing the DMV and requesting previous owner names i was told that they could'nt give names because of data protection. So what exactly can i request? The link you posted has a form to fill out. Would i fill that out and send it off in the post with the fee or could the form be printed off, filled out, scanned into computer and be done online?

When i try and find the OFFICIAL DMV website for Phoenix i keep getting dmv.org which according to their website "DMV.org is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

Finding it impossible to find the rite site and "Public records access" page you posted for Nevada
Following...

Hi Don

Try this one for arizona https://www.azdot.gov/mvd/

you have got some good info here so far.. but i'll ask.. did YOU register it in YOUR name since you have owned it ??? if no.. then try to contact the owner u got it from and ask him/her to go to the DMV and get a duplicate title, sign it and mail to you. now they had to have it registered in there name to do this..

if you did register it then why can't you go to your DMV (or whatever) and get one..

in my state your pretty much wasting your time doing the DMV yourself..

you have got some good info here so far.. but i'll ask.. did YOU register it in YOUR name since you have owned it ??? if no.. then try to contact the owner u got it from and ask him/her to go to the DMV and get a duplicate title, sign it and mail to you. now they had to have it registered in there name to do this..

if you did register it then why can't you go to your DMV (or whatever) and get one..

in my state your pretty much wasting your time doing the DMV yourself..
Well, like the original poster here, we are both out of country; trying to get previous owner info is almost impossible if not already provided with the car when you purchase it. I just sent an email to the AZ DMV thanks to Vegas's (above) info. that he provided, much appreciated...

I have sent off letters to perspective previous owners based on the names that appeared to match the info I have, no luck... The dealer I bought my car from won't release the info of the owner whom he got the car from, I understand, privacy issues...

In my case, it would be really nice to talk to the owner who now lives just north of Spokane WA, where the car was pulled out of a barn. He is the son of the owner who purchased the car back around '77, so a long family history with the car. Apparently, he did not want to sell the car, so I can understand that he may not want further follow-up on its progress, maybe he will change his mind one day... Lots of fun...

The privacy laws make it tough to get a lot of information. I used to have a lot of access and contacts, but have been out of the public sector employment too many years. So, I'm not much help, just as frustrated as everyone else about a lot of this. I would try the form, and see if that will get you anything. There are a lot of vehicle title search firms, but I don't believe they give you any details, just if the title is clear, or not.

Back