Rare or not ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carguy4sp

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang
Well I have been looking at all of the great convertible mustangs and with all that have registered on this site it looks like a high number has survived.

My 1972 Q code 4 speed is supposed to be one of 201 but I swear there must be at least 150 on this site alone.

Has any one done a count? Is it possible that the Marti reports are wrong ?

Please everyone leave your count on this page then we will know for sure.

Rodney from SW Florida:thankyouyellow:

Well I have been looking at all of the great convertible mustangs and with all that have registered on this site it looks like a high number has survived.

My 1972 Q code 4 speed is supposed to be one of 201 but I swear there must be at least 150 on this site alone.

Has any one done a count? Is it possible that the Marti reports are wrong ?

Please everyone leave your count on this page then we will know for sure.

Rodney from SW Florida:thankyouyellow:
I know what you are saying. I bought a 72 Q vert but automatic last year I think they say 330 total. I could have bought a half dozen last year and saw several 4 speed verts for sale also. To be so scarce there are lots of survivors. I do have some doubt about one of Marti's numbers. That is for Special Order cars. My Marti says 144 Special order Paint / Trim and right above it the number for With Special Paint is 277 and I saw one on eBay with Marti and it had a different number for the total number made. I guess the number with special trim could be less than with paint. I could have been an employee fat fingering the key board, easy to do. I was told at one time this info was on punch cards which would have been right for the time for our cars. An extra hole can change what the output is.

Trivia, Do you know when the first computer to use punch cards was used to compile data? 1890 U.S. Census used punch cards and mechanical computer to tabulate the results. It is in the Smithsonian. Took a while to get away from that technology.

They are rare and desirable. Mine is a 4 speed too. The reason many are on here is this is the best place for owners to learn and help each other for information and tech support. Just like a Shelby registry site - they cars are rare but you find a bunch on those sites. Similar for Boss 302 sites, etc.

Ray

Back