How do you remove the clock set pin?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovies73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 with absolutely no part left untouched or replaced
I would like to remove the pin and polish the lens. Is it possible to remove and replace it?

The chrome knob is screwed on the adjustment stem, pull the complete stem outside(just how you do for clock adjustment) and with a plier you can hold the stem DO IT SOFTLY THE STEM/KNOB CAN BREAK OFF, WARM UP A LITTLE...unscrew the chrome adjustment knob.(left is knob off the stem)

When removing the chrome knob, put tape on the lens to prevent scratches...

Last edited by a moderator:
It unscrews counter clockwise. Trying to remember how to access the stem

with needle nose pliers then twist off the knob. I think you need to remove the clock first.

I had four of these once and the project is doable.

mike

The chrome knob is screwed on the adjustment stem, pull the complete stem outside(just how you do for clock adjustment) and SOFTLY with a plier you can hold the stem...unscrew the chrome adjustment knob.(left is knob off the stem)
There you go... pull the stem out like you are setting the time.

Excellent.

mike

I was able to polish the lens around the pin. I had tried to twist it off but it was tight tight tight. I gave up trying for fear of breaking. I trip through the buffer with white compound brought it back to new. I also did the gauge trio lens but found one of then is just plain discolored and won't come back perfect.

I was able to polish the lens around the pin. I had tried to twist it off but it was tight tight tight. I gave up trying for fear of breaking. I trip through the buffer with white compound brought it back to new. I also did the gauge trio lens but found one of then is just plain discolored and won't come back perfect.
I have new lenes for either the console or center gauges

tem #LENS71

71-73 CENTER DASH GAUGE LENSES, 3 PC SET

***FREE SHIPPING*** Replacement lenses for the oil, alternator and water temperature gauges in the center dash bezel. Price: $39.95

Add To Shopping Cart

Latest posts

Back