72 AM 8 track and tape

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! I have the same radio, but I never tested it. The interior is currently out of my car while I work on all the electrical gremlins. I hope mine works!

Neat that you have the Ford Demo tape. I have been looking on eBay for one but no luck. I have the one that came with my 84 20th. Ann. Mustang it is of course cassette.

The AM/8 Track is what made my 72 Q code vert a one of one instead of something silly like one of my 73 verts was one of one because it had no radio, lol. And no I do not have the block off plate wish I did several hundred dollars.

I've got the 73 demo tape. It's pretty cool to have since I'm keeping the 8track. Did add a behind the radio bluetooth amp.

8tracks have that distinctive metallic sound. It's almost like you can hear that big old tape rubbing across that head.

Hey it was the best at the time. I blew two sets of door speakers in one year. That is why I have the NOS wiring and boots they came with the speakers I replaced. Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon was one of my favorites and still is.
ANIMALS too. David you don't know if the original door speakers are 4 or 8 ohm do you. The bluetooth amp I installed runs hot as a firecracker when I put them inline. Rear box speakers 4 ohm are ok. Amp is 4 ohm. I have original wiring and boots. Right now I just have them disconnected from the amp till I get more info.

If someone still had an 8track recorder it might be helpful to get these tapes in an audio file so reproductions could be made. I'd loan my 73 tape out for the cause as long as it came back. :)

Back