New from SoCal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali Q

Reaction score
My Car
1973 / Sportsroof / Q Code / 351C 4V / 4 Spd Toploader
Hey all, new to the forum, currently in Encinitas, CA. Bought my '73 a couple of months ago. I've gone through an '11 5.0, a '12 5.0, and a '79 F100, before picking up my dream car. It's a real Q Code, 4V 351C 4Bbl. Still has its original toploader and posi 9" rear end. I've stripped the decrepit interior and am continuing to make it a fun driver before making it beautiful. No body rust, which had a lot to do with why I bought it. I've replaced all of the ignition with shiny MSD parts, and currently I've got it on jack stands getting all new suspension, with 4 piston Wilwood fronts and 2 piston GM style rear discs.

I frequent Carlsbad Cars and Coffee, and spend plenty of time on the 101 between San Diego and O Side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Seattle. If you haven't dug into the site yet, you will find that there is a ton of technical info already posted, and guys that can help answer any question you come up with. Looks like you have a really nice car to start with.

Scott

Welcome from Escondido. I got my Mach 1 from your neighborhood off La Casta ave.

Do you know about Escondido's Cruzin Grand. It's the biggest weekly cruse night on the west coast. It's every Friday night 4-9 April thru October.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I spent 4 or 5 days in Encinitas in 2012 while visiting SoCal. Nice place!

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas!!

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Yes, I know it's a bit of a collage of body panels, it has a dated paint job and if you look at the panel seams and backsides of them you can tell someone got happy with an unknown donor car. The VIN matches up though in all the right places: 3F02Q...

I'll be at Cruizin' the Grand, O'Reilly's Encinitas meets, and Carlsbad Cars and Coffee as soon as it's back off jackstands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back