New from SoCal

Hey all, new to the forum, currently in Encinitas, CA. Bought my '73 a couple of months ago. I've gone through an '11 5.0, a '12 5.0, and a '79 F100, before picking up my dream car. It's a real Q Code, 4V 351C 4Bbl. Still has its original toploader and posi 9" rear end. I've stripped the decrepit interior and am continuing to make it a fun driver before making it beautiful. No body rust, which had a lot to do with why I bought it. I've replaced all of the ignition with shiny MSD parts, and currently I've got it on jack stands getting all new suspension, with 4 piston Wilwood fronts and 2 piston GM style rear discs.

I frequent Carlsbad Cars and Coffee, and spend plenty of time on the 101 between San Diego and O Side.

IMG_20160326_233711_zpscrkshhha.jpg

IMG_20160420_190430_zpsoqxma7h9.jpg

IMG_20160430_083920_zpsyctnqxs6.jpg

IMG_20160424_152203_zpscvn1nyoe.jpg

IMG_20160504_214048_zps5iwwoboj.jpg

Welcome from Seattle. If you haven't dug into the site yet, you will find that there is a ton of technical info already posted, and guys that can help answer any question you come up with. Looks like you have a really nice car to start with.

Scott

Looks like a good car

Welcome from E Bay Area!

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Welcome from Escondido. I got my Mach 1 from your neighborhood off La Casta ave.

Do you know about Escondido's Cruzin Grand. It's the biggest weekly cruse night on the west coast. It's every Friday night 4-9 April thru October.

- Mike

Welcome from Denmark northern part of Europe [WINKING FACE] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

sent from my 2303. Regards Lars DK73 Denmark

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Virginia!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from sunny Phoenix! I really like your car.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Yes, I know it's a bit of a collage of body panels, it has a dated paint job and if you look at the panel seams and backsides of them you can tell someone got happy with an unknown donor car. The VIN matches up though in all the right places: 3F02Q...

I'll be at Cruizin' the Grand, O'Reilly's Encinitas meets, and Carlsbad Cars and Coffee as soon as it's back off jackstands.

a warm welcome from Germany!

Cheers

Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Welcome from Tricities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Yes, I know it's a bit of a collage of body panels, it has a dated paint job and if you look at the panel seams and backsides of them you can tell someone got happy with an unknown donor car. The VIN matches up though in all the right places: 3F02Q...

I'll be at Cruizin' the Grand, O'Reilly's Encinitas meets, and Carlsbad Cars and Coffee as soon as it's back off jackstands.

Let me know when you come out to grand I would like to check out your ride.

- Mike

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Looks like someone took a 73 Q code sportsroof and tried to make a quasi-Boss 351 clone. Still looks like a fun car.

And actually your car is one of 641 73 Q code sportsroofs which makes it more rare than a 1971 Boss 351 (1806 built). For 1973 Q code sportsroofs, 294 4 speeds and 347 C-6 automatics were built.

IMHO that car would be a great car to restore to original - or close to it.

Thanks for the pics.

When you have the opportunity - check the VINS under the fenders.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Cool car ::thumb::

::welcome:: from Germany!

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :angel: