New Member from Mississippi

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Hello Everyone!

I'm Patrick from Jackson, MS. Last October I was given a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 by my Father-in-law who recently lost the battle with cancer. I always loved his Mustang and was honored that he handed it down to me. I have joined this forum to learn as much as I can from people that have much more experience than I. This will be my first restoration project I have taken on so it will definitely be a learn-as-you-go process. I look forward to learning more from this group!

Welcome from a northern neighbor in Memphis. Keep us posted on your progress and any questions along the way. I know you will not find a more knowledgeable group on the end of the Gen 1 models. This is a very family friendly site with great contributors and helpful experts.

What direction do you think you will go with the restoration? Close to original or some modifications?

Welcome from West Texas! I just drove by your place on my way to and from South Carolina to visit the in-laws. Got stuck in the parking lot known as "I-20 construction zone." Good times.

Nice car - hopefully, it's better than mine was when I first got it. Make sure to look for rust in the 'normal' areas.

Welcome from Ohio

Sorry he lost the battle... cancer sucks

Welcome, sad but nice story.

I am restoring a Mach 1 coming from Mississipi, your looks like in better condition than mine.

Anyway, good place here to learn how to...

Hi Patrick,

and welcome from Brisbane, Australia. Sorry about your loss regards your father -in -law.

Your car will probably take on a special thing for you to enjoy and be proud of.Hope you enjoy the Forum, and find it helpful as well.

Greg.:)

Back