What kind of Mach 1 do I have?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spothead

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1 mustang. 351c 4v B+M c6
Just curious about my car. Features and what not. Maybe the guru's can tell me a little about it.14650483587751926815682.jpg

You can go to the Data tab across the top of this web site and select 1973 to decode the info on your door sticker. Here is the breakdown:

Color 5M = Medium copper metallic

Trim GF = Medium Ginger Mach 1 knitted vinyl

Transmission X = FMX transmission

Axle 2 = 2.75 ratio conventional (non locking) differential

DSO 11 = sold out of the Boston District Sales Office

From the VIN number you have a 351C-2V engine (the H in the VIN number)

You can buy a "Marti" report for your car that has all kinds of info about the options your car came with originally as well as specific build dates and details here:

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

This web site has a Marti report forum where you can look at reports for other cars as well. Post yours there when you get it.

Welcome to the forum. Post some photos of your car when you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the top right of your screen and you will see a drop down called "Data" drop it down then go the 1973 and the decode info is there. Pretty easy each letter number on the sticker tells you what came on the car. You should also have a metal plate attached to the radiator support right up next to the top under the left front fender. The the best thing would be to find your build sheet under your carpet or upholstery somewhere.

Let us know if you do not see what you need there.

Thanks guys! I didn't know about the data thing in the corner. Definitely no build sheet under the carpet. Some one already beat me to it. Lol

Back