Experience installing new seat pan to floor pan.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spothead

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1 mustang. 351c 4v B+M c6
Has anyone installed the seat pan from CJ pony parts? I bought a pair. They don't have the same bead rolls in it as the original and it was a 3/4" to wide at the front. Also the front side sat a 1/2 higher than the original too. Some modifications with the cutting wheel and hammer and vise fixed it but I figured it was gonna fit pretty good without modifying the design of it.

spothead

They state that they are for all models. Unfortunately, they are for the hardtops, or coupes. The fastback have a shorter roof line than the coupes. If you have not modified them, I would look for some originals. You could contact Don at Ohio Mustang Supply or if he does not have a good set, then contact http://usedmustangparts.net/ - Blue Ridge Classic Mustang via, James Van Buren Jr. - He has a lot of mustang bodies.

BY the way, I found a really good set of seat pans for my 1973 coupe.

Also, If you do find a good set, I recommend performing this upgrade to the platforms.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-front...#pid117598

mustang7173

Thanks. I already modified one to fit. My car is nowhere original or matching number's. So modifications don't bother me. If anything it's gonna make the front of the seat sit up a half inch higher....fine by me.

spothead

They state that they are for all models. Unfortunately, they are for the hardtops, or coupes. The fastback have a shorter roof line than the coupes. If you have not modified them, I would look for some originals. You could contact Don at Ohio Mustang Supply or if he does not have a good set, then contact http://usedmustangparts.net/ - Blue Ridge Classic Mustang via, James Van Buren Jr. - He has a lot of mustang bodies.

BY the way, I found a really good set of seat pans for my 1973 coupe.

Also, If you do find a good set, I recommend performing this upgrade to the platforms.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-front...#pid117598

mustang7173
Would it be possible to re-post the link? It doesn't appear to work as the URL is cut off :/

I installed a set of those in mine. After learning they were for coupes/'verts and how much taller they were than the fastback units, I wound up deconstructing them somewhat, cut down the more vertical bits and welded them back together, effectively lowering the height to something a little closer to the factory fastback platforms. ::thumb::

I figure I got them to within a half inch higher than the fastback platforms, which every bit helps when you're 6'5". :cool:

I also relocated mine a few inches back from stock to gain a little more legroom, which messed up the molded carpet installation like nobody's business, but it eventually settled in. :whistling:

New FASTBACK version will be available soon

They already come with the new Dynacorn full floor pan.

Is that why the dynacorn are more expensive? I wasn't aware they had the seat pan already.

I'm short so having the pan a little higher in the front is a good thing. I wouldn't want to move it back cause I feel like I'm already stretching for the pedals...haha

Is that why the dynacorn are more expensive? I wasn't aware they had the seat pan already.

The seat platforms only come with the complete full Dynacorn floor - no one else has it yet - it is a Dynacorn exclusive.

I suspect you are referring to the half floor pans that some suppliers charge more for the "dynacorn" ones ... they do not come with the platform.

The seat platforms only come with the complete full Dynacorn floor - no one else has it yet - it is a Dynacorn exclusive.

I suspect you are referring to the half floor pans that some suppliers charge more for the "dynacorn" ones ... they do not come with the platform.
No. I actually bought the full pans from CJ pony parts. They offered dynacorn or a Taiwan brand. Of course trying to save a buck I got the full length Taiwan pans that came as a set. Oh well live and learn .

No. I actually bought the full pans from CJ pony parts. They offered dynacorn or a Taiwan brand. Of course trying to save a buck I got the full length Taiwan pans that came as a set. Oh well live and learn .
Those are the L & R side pans - 60 inches long and they all come from Taiwan

Dynacorn now is having a full floor made, it is the complete floor - it includes the tunnel, rear seat area and platforms.

Oh ok. I didn't need that much metal to bring the floors back..haha. I'm checking out your site for other things. Definitely gonna need a complete weather strip kit. To keep my interior and floors dry this time.

Sounds like you have a plan, and have gotten hooked up in the right direction. ::thumb::

If you haven't already, check on the condition of your cowl panels. I'm sure you're already aware after reading things the guys have posted for years now, but the cowl/fresh air vents are one of the biggest problem areas for leaking (and interior rust generation) due to debris (leaves and whatnot) winding up inside and not allowing the drain holes to function properly - it's a known issue for ALL classic Mustangs.

You got this! :cool:

Yeah I'm finding all sorts of rot and rust in strange places. I need to find the section that the front bumper support attaches to. (Not sure what it is called)Looked at it last night and it's rusty potato chips.....ugg hate rust.

IMG_20160604_201745.jpgIMG_20160604_210101.jpgIMG_20160605_151107.jpg IMG_20160603_220024.jpg

This is what I did last weekend. Hopefully have time to do the other side this weekend coming up.

EXCELLENT JOB!!! ::thumb::::thumb::::thumb::

WAY nicer than what I did on mine. Well Done, Sir! :bravo:

I also had to replace the driver side rear frame rail extension (the whole front clip, actually), and that's exactly what I used as well. I had to trim it down slightly to fit my subframe connectors, but they're quality pieces.

As for your question regarding the front frame rail extensions: yes, they make those, too. I believe they're also coming out with front cross members, as well (I think I remember Don mentioning those awhile back). The shock towers, rear frame rails, engine cross member, and torque boxes are about the only parts of the front clip that's not currently available.

That look sweet, Brutha! Keep up the awesome work! :cool:

Back