1973 Mustang Q-Code Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen this car around for years. It resides in my mother in laws neighborhood. It originally had deluxe wheel covers before the torino magnums. I have looked at this car up close a few times and it's a very clean solid car. The older repaint was done very well no over spray any where. This car is well worth the money.

Nice, yeah Im keeping my wheel covers....love magnums, just not on the full stocker. Its very similar to the original color that Im going to get mine back to. I agree on the price too, see if it sells quickly.

I noticed the air cleaner too, looks like it was pieced together with some stock pieces from other cars afterwards too...he mentioned that the engine was rebuilt.

I don't see the honeycomb panel on the rear. It might be the correct camera case material. Gas cap looks a little worn/used.

Those wheels are the 1974 and later 14 inch magnum-type that use the trim rings. IMHO I hate them used on our cars.

Nice car. One of 347 1973 Sportsroof Q code automatics.

Here is factory color:

73 Medium Blue Metallic.JPG

Ray

Power windows and fold down rear seat ...cool...

I noticed under hood and under trunk light. Options?

Thats a 2V air cleaner isn't it? Air cleaner should be the larger one like the 71/72 with chrome lid and the extra vacuum trap door on the side to be Q code correct.... correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking car. Interesting to see the non-NASA hood when so many these days seem to have the NASA hood. Mileage is up there, but seems to be priced reasonably.

Power windows and fold down rear seat ...cool...

I noticed under hood and under trunk light. Options?

Thats a 2V air cleaner isn't it? Air cleaner should be the larger one like the 71/72 with chrome lid and the extra vacuum trap door on the side to be Q code correct.... correct?
The under hood and under trunk lid lighting were part of the Convenience Group option:

Convenience Group (Includes trunk light, glove compartment

light, map light, under hood light, front

"lights-on" warning buzzer, automatic seat back release,

under instrument panel courtesy lights (standard on

Convertible), parking brake warning light, and glove

box lock.

ref: 1973 model year Ford Facts Book

Ray

Another great lookin' mostly stock example. I'm completely diggin' it. Not a fan of that much white in the interior, but it IS a nice car.

Those 'torino magnums' remind me of the Pontiac wheels of the era (magnums with trim rings) typically found on Firebirds and GTOs - and I actually like 'em.

Another great lookin' mostly stock example. I'm completely diggin' it. Not a fan of that much white in the interior, but it IS a nice car.

Those 'torino magnums' remind me of the Pontiac wheels of the era (magnums with trim rings) typically found on Firebirds and GTOs - and I actually like 'em.

Unfortunately they remind me of these (78 Ford LTD II) - and they were S L O W.

Guess many have been modded to run a lot better - but stock they were terribly underpowered heavy cars!!!!!

1978 LTD II Hardtop.JPG

Ray

See - now here's where it gets weird: I actually like that LTD II... and the Cougar, T-Bird, and Mark Vs in that vintage as well. The Eldorado Biarritz from around that time ('79-'85) are really cool to me as well.

Something about the cars with long hoods, 2-doors, and short trunks that just speaks to me, I guess. :whistling: :cool:

See - now here's where it gets weird: I actually like that LTD II... and the Cougar, T-Bird, and Mark Vs in that vintage as well. The Eldorado Biarritz from around that time ('79-'85) are really cool to me as well.

Something about the cars with long hoods, 2-doors, and short trunks that just speaks to me, I guess. :whistling: :cool:
Oh don't get me wrong - I like them and have owned a few. But they were ALL SLOW AS HELL. Even with the 460's. Too restricted with emissions stuff. I think the 460-4V barely produced 240 HP back then!

It was a sad time for new cars. Very few ran very well. Many speed shops were modding the heck out of them just to try and make them run decent.

I know where a really nice designer-series Mark V is sitting. But I need to concentrate on the cars I have and not trying to get any more! :whistling:

Ray

Latest posts

Back