NOS OEM Ford 1971 1972 1973 Mustang Ram Air Hood

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, But I do have the same N.O.S. hood only in better shape no damage at all I might let go for 1500.00 -Such a deal-:whistling: On the other hand maybe I should hold on to it for another 10 years or so better than money in the bank ::thumb::

I also have a nos rear valance with cut outs -Wonder how much that might be worth down the road

As long as the quality of the repo parts remain like they are, I'm afraid OE parts will continue to spiral sharply upwards like we've seen happen. Have a GM buddy with a 69 Z28 that needed quarter panels. After trying to get two different sets of repo panels to fit, he finally gave up and paid $3,500.00 for two OEM panels five years ago. Probably twice that now.

Right before Ford discontinued all 65-78 Mustang and 55-57 T-Bird parts, dealers were given a warning letter stating such and then was followed by a substantial price increase. Guess they were trying to discourage dealers from ordering so they would feel justified in discontinuing them citing low or no sells!! The customers raised hell with us and we gave it to Ford, but it fell on deaf ears.

The D1ZZ-16612-B, 71-73 hood with scoops went to $475.13. Before the letter it was approx. $250.00.The hot selling 65-66 bumpers that once retailed for $69.00 and we ordered a dozen at a time went to $257.85. Sure wished I had a Storage building full of that type of sheet metal now!!

Qcode351mach, if you could stand to hold onto that hood for a few more years, it looks as though it could really become a cash cow for you! ::thumb::

Qcode351mach,

That is like money in the bank. Plus, it is like land, they are not making them any more.

Better than any CD's.

mustang7173

No, But I do have the same N.O.S. hood only in better shape no damage at all I might let go for 1500.00 -Such a deal-:whistling: On the other hand maybe I should hold on to it for another 10 years or so better than money in the bank ::thumb::

I also have a nos rear valance with cut outs -Wonder how much that might be worth down the road

I just picked one up for a cool $150.00. We are looking forward to installing it on our car. I am guessing we got a pretty good deal.
Mike,

Nice score, that was worth the road trip ::thumb::

I hate it that the parts of a car are worth than the sum of a complete car.
That's why you'll never see me attempting restoration of a collector car. My hat's off to all who can afford to play at that level (and find awesome deals as well), but it's way too rich for my blood. Mine's comprised of about 60% repop sheet metal, after all. It could almost be a poster-child for Dynacorn - and it suits me just fine. ;) ::thumb::

I hate it that the parts of a car are worth than the sum of a complete car.
That's why you'll never see me attempting restoration of a collector car. My hat's off to all who can afford to play at that level (and find awesome deals as well), but it's way too rich for my blood. Mine's comprised of about 60% repop sheet metal, after all. It could almost be a poster-child for Dynacorn - and it suits me just fine. ;) ::thumb::
You have no idea (well you do obviously, just a pun) how much it really costs... especially today 45 years after being built. Even if you have the money waiting to find the correct parts, they are not available... i.e. I would pay top dollar today for an original set of '71 vert interior rear 1/4 panels that are untouched, white would be an absolute bonus... just one of many parts that are unattainable today even with $$$ waiting. You just keep searching...

Patience was also a factor for me. I wanted my car done as quickly as possible - having a potentially endless search for NOS parts was not going to work for me. I want to enjoy my car sooner than later - I'm over the 'restoration phase therapy' part of my project... I want to start driving it now. :cool:

That's probably also where I messed up initially... picking the first one I found that was actually in-town, instead of looking for a better starting point. That mistake of impatience added a few years to my project. Gotta find the right balance, I guess. :whistling:

Hang in there - your 'vert's gonna be awesome! ::thumb::

Back