Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pegleg/Steve and live in the U.K

I have recently purchased a 1971 Mustang Grande 351c 2v 5.8L.

The car was purchased here in the U.K from a car dealer/importer.

The car has lived its life in Nevada. The upside is a rust free car apart from battery tray and apron i assume from battery leeks over the years. The downside to a life in Nevada is all perishable items like rubber and cloth have all but disintegrated. On the whole i would prefer a solid body and have to do the easy stuff like rubber and cloth replacement.

My Plan is long term;

1. Make the car road worthy and get the car M.O.T.'d-Road worthy

2. Register the car here in the U.K

3. Strip the engine and get everything tight again

4. Body off frame. Respray to body and powdercoat chassis

5. All new nuts and bolts, all new bolt on pieces to top of car

6. All new pieces to underside of the car

Resulting in concours finish.

Welcome from West Texas!

Hint: the car is 'unibody,' so lots of luck getting the body off the frame. :whistling: ;) :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Hello from Mississippi. Glad to see another UK member added to our ranks. We have a lot of members outside the US, so the popularity of the Mustang seems as strong now as it was in April 64 when it was introduced to the world! There is a lot of experience and knowledge here and members willing to share it, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Howdy from Arizona. Yeah, we are lucky that our cars don't rust but unfortunatly the sun takes out the rubber. You have come to the right place for info and encouragement.

And yeah, they are unibody cars so you can't do a 'frame off' restoration. That doesn't mean you can't make it pretty. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from France, Europe.

Enjoy this forum!!

Régis

Back