Fuel line pump to carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digithead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang 351C-4V 4BBL 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE White
Has anyone gone from stock rigid fuel line to a stainless steel flexible line all way from pump to carb? I have Edelbrock 4BRL. I got the kit from them for fuel filter and right angle connector to feed carb. So now I have a AN fitting I believe. Rather then adapt that to my exist pipe with some form of clamp I figured maybe buy a premade hose with AN fittings on both ends and then some adapter coming out of side of mechanical fuel pump? Guidance or advice?

has anyone done this? Seems like someone with 351C must have braided for looks at least? I have never used braided so I need guidance. I must have to change fitting come out of my mechanical fuel pump for starters?

I used braided stainless on mine from the pump to carb. You just need to get the AN adapter fitting for the pump and run the braided line. Its pretty easy and looks great. Hard to see in this pic but its there.

tar5uo.jpg

I used braided stainless on mine from the pump to carb. You just need to get the AN adapter fitting for the pump and run the braided line. Its pretty easy and looks great. Hard to see in this pic but its there.

tar5uo.jpg
Thanks. Is the AN like a 3/8" to AN adapter I assume? scroll down this page. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/fuel-pumps/

AN fittings and braided lines are SO cool... right up until you have to crack the code on exactly what it is you need to get from here to there.

Are there any comprehensive guides out there to help with this? I'd love to clean up my rubber lines under the hood when I drop-in the E-Street system (not to mention, it'll be 48-ish psi fuel pressure from the reservoir to the TBI).

AN fittings and braided lines are SO cool... right up until you have to crack the code on exactly what it is you need to get from here to there.

Are there any comprehensive guides out there to help with this?  I'd love to clean up my rubber lines under the hood when I drop-in the E-Street system (not to mention, it'll be 48-ish psi fuel pressure from the reservoir to the TBI).
Here's one I got from Earl's several years ago:

AN Sizes.pdf

Attachments

• AN Sizes.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gone from stock rigid fuel line to a stainless steel flexible line all way from pump to carb? I have Edelbrock 4BRL. I got the kit from them for fuel filter and right angle connector to feed carb. So now I have a AN fitting I believe. Rather then adapt that to my exist pipe with some form of clamp I figured maybe buy a premade hose with AN fittings on both ends and then some adapter coming out of side of mechanical fuel pump? Guidance or advice?

tar5uo.jpg
were you able to put a 90 degree adapter in side of fuel pump to do this? Should need like 3/8"NPT to AN6 male 90 right?

Back