Houndstooth

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked the door plate and it says 4R trim. Thats blue vinyl and cloth trim. So i am not sure if its houndstooth.

Anyone have any idea?

If its not houndstooth can i can exact reproduction for the purpose of councours

Pegleg, my interior trim info indicates 4R as medium green vinyl and cloth. If you are looking for concours level interior seat materials and are not sure of what you need, try SMS Auto Fabrics. I ordered some seat and carpet sample materials for my 5A Mach1 and they were identical to the original, including the comfort weave material. http://www.smsautofabrics.com/request-samples.php Just fill out the form and hit "Submit" and wait for the postman!

If you are looking for the plaid or speckled trunk mat then the link Mister 4x4 posted will give you what you need. At Concours level you will be fine with the trunk mat as 65F (Grande) was the only model Ford cataloged and production installed the trunk mat on 71-73's.

Samples ordered.

Although my car shows in the picture thats its exterior is blue thats not the colour it was originally. I am sure when i recieve my Marti report it will state the original exterior color as bright lime as it is inside the trunk lid inside between the gaps and same on the underside of the hood between the gaps. I am lookig forward to stripping it right back to bare metal and bringing back that bright shiney lime!!!

I love the Marti reports, have the deluxe for my 1970 and for my 1973. You can decode the VIN number and it will give you original color. There's a few if you google "decode mustang vin".

I like blue better than Bright lime green....but that's just me.

Tim

Samples ordered.

Although my car shows in the picture thats its exterior is blue thats not the colour it was originally. I am sure when i recieve my Marti report it will state the original exterior color as bright lime as it is inside the trunk lid inside between the gaps and same on the underside of the hood between the gaps. I am lookig forward to stripping it right back to bare metal and bringing back that bright shiney lime!!!

I didn't know the 7173 ever offered hounds tooth? Thought it was the standard vinyl, decor, upbeat striped, or mach 1 style.

Don't recall seeing any hounds tooth interiors on 71-73's. I have seen a couple of Boss 351 interior's with a striped material that looked as though it may of been cut out of a beach umbrella! (Apologies to any Boss 351 Owners)!

Pegleg, when you get your interior samples from SMS they should look like the "4R" sample shown.

001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are using 69/70 material which offered hounds tooth for the 7173 seats. My best guess.

Back