72 R code fastback deluxe report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6972boss

Reaction score
My Car
72 sport roof R code waiting to be finished. 67 and 69 shelby's are ahead of it.
These cars are simply amazing! The rarest performance mustangs! Looking forward to finishing this one.I know of only one other sportroof that exists.

20150602_155402.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't 'Road and Track' or 'Car & Driver' do a new car road test using a 72HO Sportsroof (non Mach 1).

Not sure why Marti worded his report like that... Mach 1's are a completely different body code '05' vs the Sportsroof '02'.

Anyway - neat car!

Ray

I would love to see the results of that road test! Never knew they did one.

Steve do you still have your Mach?

I would love to see the results of that road test! Never knew they did one.

"Car and Driver" March 1972

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1971-1972-1973-ford-mustang10.htm

see 'Final Fling'

Interesting cut/paste from the web article:

"Ford started taking orders for the 351 H.O. as early as October 1971. According to Marti's database, the first '72 R-code was built on January 20, 1972, with production continuing through the end of the model year."

Ray

Unfortunately no, but I keep searching Craigslist in case it ever shows up. I sold it in 1991 when I moved from Portland. I loved that car, but sold 2 cars and 2 motorcycles to make the move easier. Young and dumb.

Steve

Unfortunately no, but I keep searching Craigslist in case it ever shows up. I sold it in 1991 when I moved from Portland. I loved that car, but sold 2 cars and 2 motorcycles to make the move easier. Young and dumb.

Steve
Yeah Steve - don't feel too bad. I sold/gave away two Torino big-block Cobras plus extra parts for similar reason! One was a one-owner car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Ray

Steve
Yeah Steve - don't feel too bad. I sold/gave away two Torino big-block Cobras plus extra parts for similar reason! One was a one-owner car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray
Oh I do feel bad! I sold the Mach 1, a Triumph TR-6, a KZ 650 and a KZ 1000, and kept a Bronco II. I can't even blame it on drugs, because I never did them. Thought the little Bronco was better for a small family. :mad:

Greta article! Sounds like they were pleased for the most part. Wonder what car they used:chin:???

Steve

Ray
Ugh. I know that hurt. We all do it, so you are in good company.

Thanks. I felt pretty stupid for a long while. But I am very fortunate to have my Boss and conv. Thankful...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back