In search of...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6972boss

Reaction score
My Car
72 sport roof R code waiting to be finished. 67 and 69 shelby's are ahead of it.
I am in search of my first mustang. And hopefully it is still around. Here is what I know. ...1973 mach 1 blue glow / argent. Standard blue interior with console no folding rear seat. H code FMX trans P/S P/B no A/C. It had damage to right rear quarter when the owner before me backed into a pole. It was pulled straight but evidence should still be visible.

I bought it in 83 and owned it until 85. Sold it to my friend, James Frahm who sold it to another school buddy. He painted the car a darker blue the last time I saw it in 86. It was in Ridgecrest CA 83-88?

Here are a few pics the day I brought it home.

Anyone know this car?

(Sheesh, not sure why the came out upside down, sorry about the headaches)20160613_213017.jpg20160613_213056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck locating the car.. Not an easy task these days.. It appears to have had a hard hit in the rear, but would be an easy pull on a frame machine..

Wow - that looks a lot like the one Greg (Austin Vert) is selling (upside down and everything - he's in Australia... rofl ) :cool:

Good luck finding it - hopefully, it's still around. Are you hoping to have it back for yourself, or just curious if it's still alive and well?

Thanks, hoping to locate it and maybe buy it back or trade for it. At least see if it is doing ok. The hit wasn't too bad we pulled most of it out, no frame damage. I know it's a long shot but if anybody knows where these are hiding is the people on here;)

Do you happen to remember the VIN number or have it written down on anything? Googling the VIN may turn up something like a recent Ebay sale or Craigslist ad. I am also looking for my first Mustang (a 73 Mach 1, 3F05H253351) that I sold in Anaheim, CA in 1986. I hope it didn't go to the crusher :-/

That the one thing I have no record on. Didn't think it was important to have back then. I am Going to try to check the plate and see if it shows anything from 33 years ago. Doubt it will come back with any info but I gotta try.

Steve, did your search find anything? Did you do a carfax report? Man, that would be cool if you found it again#

Thanks so much for turning those around! Just felt like my whole world was turned upside downrofl

Best of luck on your search too! At least you have VIN #s. I am going to contact Ca DMV and see what they do.

Hello again everyone, I managed to find the VIN from my first Mach 1 that I am in search of. Big thanks go to members here for their help!

The VIN is 3F05H149039

If anyone has knowledge of this mach please let me know.

Car was last seen in the Mojave desert region of southern Ca in the mid 80's

Just learned some amazing news! The mach 1 I have been searching for has turned up :D the owner Googled the VIN and it linked to this site! I responded to their email and hoping to chat with them.

So good to know it exists!! By the pics they sent it hasn't changed hardly at all in 30+ years! 

Eager to learn more! I will let everyone know how things are going. 

This is how it looked when I bought it, Oct '83

This is how it looks today  ;)

I would wager that given its current state (packed tightly in a corner with years of undisturbed dust), you just might be able to have it again with some negotiation.  It looks to me like someone might've ran out of time for it.

Good luck with it if that's your plan!

That is  ABSOLUTELY great that you two members were able to get together on this Mustang...GREAT story from both of you.

Just shows you can NEVER give up hope and that stuff out here on the "Net" last for a long time. To think that your initial search on here was nearly two years ago and along come a new member who was doing a search to try and find the owner of a car his wife purchase is REALLY something.

I, for one, would like to read of the "end" to this story to determine which of you decide to keep the Mustang.

Good Stuff!!

~BT

Both are very fortunate. The former owner gets to find out what happened to his old car (and maybe some day get it back) and the new owner gets a lot of history. I'd love to find my old Mach 1, but don't remember the VIN.

Steve

Back